400+awhp EVO vrs 400+whp Cobra

igotyofire

Established Member
http://media.putfile.com/EVOvCobra

Ok i whipped up this vid in like 5mins just to get the footage online, ill have nicer version later.

The story of the evo is,it had a tune but was running wayy to rich, it wasn't dynoed tunned tho, just a build off his previous street tune with his new data logs and the AFR was like 10 somthing. It has cams, test pipe, tubelar manifold are just some of the other mods i didn't list

The cobra made 411whp at 10lbs of boost, but added 1more lb of boost and a vortech aftercooler and hasn't retunned either. The evo has more tunning potential left probably, but the cobra has a built bottom end as well. hes runnin 4.10 gears with a T45 also :)

EDIT: http://media.putfile.com/srtfun2 cobra races it few times in here, othertimes are just flyblys of the srt4 stage 2, this also shows the difference between the EVO and Srt4 Stage 2

Last edited:

igotyofire

Established Member
sharkall2003 said:
Can the guy in the evo shift any slower?

he doesn't wanna blow up his tranny or transfer case,lol , thats also the reason we didn't race it off the line. He could shifter it faster but he really does try to take care of his car

igotyofire

Established Member
ven2om said:
Really good race... any chance you guys could go from a stop? (if you have slicks anyway...)

eh no promises on that, see above....EVOs break transfer cases. If we go to the track tho then yea, The cobra hs 275nittos, and can take off dead even with all the AWD cars he has raced, has control arms, tokico drag struts and the car actually lifts during launch, pretty good for a street setup, still has lowering springs tho

igotyofire

Established Member
GA600RR said:
What's with the colors of the dash gauges?

lol led went out, so he changed it, the one on the right was fuel pressure but its not connected, that gauge came on the car when he got it, previous owner had a kenne bell on it

igotyofire

Established Member
TurboJ2 said:
By bouncing it off the rev limiter in the parking lot? :nonono:
its a two step,its part of the AWD launch control thing he has, he is not bouncing off the rev limiter near the redline of the engine if thats what your thinking

TurboJ2

Established Member
igotyofire said:
its a two step,its part of the AWD launch control thing he has, he is not bouncing off the rev limiter near the redline of the engine if thats what your thinking
Sorry thats what I was thinking. I guess you learn something new everyday.

Users who are viewing this thread