40 series Flowmaster and midpipe?

getstung

Established Member
I have been doing my research for a while about what exhaust combo to get for my car. I have a 40 series system now and either gonna go with a O/R H or get a totally new setup like bassani catback and O/R X. Just want some suggestions. Anyone have a clip of their car with the bassani setup i would really appreciate it if you would post it so i could hear it. Thanks. :beer:

tv's 03

Established Member
I have an o/r h and flows, and I really like it. Its muscular sounding. I heard an o/r x and cat back from bassani, and though its great quality, its just does not sound good at all to me. To ricey sounding. I like a muscle car sound

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
I've had the MagnaFlow CB for 3 years now and had become bored with its docile sound. I just swapped out the Magna Muffs and installed a set of FlowMaster Super 40s while retaining the Magna pipes/tips and I'm in love with the sound! What a diff FlowMaster made! My car has some volume now with the classic hollow gurgle that made FlowMaster famous. I've had Flows on 2 prior Stangs and really think it's the best sound on a Mustang. I don't know why I ever strayed I guess just to try something diff.

Don't get rid of your Flows, you'll be disappointed. Just add a midpipe if you want to change it up. I'm gonna get a catted MRT-H or ProChamber down the road if I want more volume. I think the H-pipe with the Flows will give our cars a ferocious exhaust note!

Last edited:

2003 Silver

Banned
I just purchased a used set of flows (American Thunder) and I already have an MRT catted h....I'm hoping for a great tone!!

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
1268Melberger said:
I just purchased a used set of flows (American Thunder) and I already have an MRT catted h....I'm hoping for a great tone!!
Definitely post a video if you can, your car should sound awesome!

getstung

Established Member
thanks for all the replies guys. Still havent made up my mind yet but the car above with the flows and the o/r x sounds badass. Wife wants to get bassanni cause i had it on the 04 cobra i had. I like the old muscular sound of the flows. Ill post a video and sound clip when i decide
thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread