4 those who occasionally drive the cobra

Justntym

She likes my snake!
Established Member
I just got a promotion at work and I finally get to park the stang! My plan is to only drive her on occasion and perserve the mileage. I am going to store it in a garage across town. My question is:Are there any precautions I should take to make sure my ride will be ok? I know sometimes when you let a car sit for a month or so it doesn't run to its full potential. Thanks for the advice!

01vert

Established Member
Get a good trickle charger that has a sensor that drops the charge when the battery is fully charged. Make sure she is not easy to steal as you wont be near the car constantly.

slonech

Dark Side
Established Member
depending on how long you plan to let it sit.. you may want to look at putting it on jackstands to prevent tire spots, and giving it a good wax, and polish job and throw on a car cover.. again.. that depends on how long you plan to let it sit.

CobraG

Established Member
I don't drive mine to often, in fact it's been sitting in the garage nearly a month now, I don't do anything special for it, except in the winter time I leave the heat on in the garage. I figure as long as I drive it at least once a month it should be fine.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
all of you make me sick.

98K and still going. 33K last year alone.

But I'm getting a winter beater for when I move up north.

poneypower

They call me Shipwreck!
Established Member
VirtualSVT said:
all of you make me sick.

:lol: The only time I am not in the car is from the first snowfall until I know snow is completely gone and it's rained a good couple times to wash all the salt of the roads. I'll never understand garaging a car that BB around 17k unless you've dumped a ton of money into it, or like me, weather calls for it :shrug:

Anyway...when I store it for winter and I know I am not starting it for some time, I run Stabil, jack the car up on stands so that the tires don't spot and check my battery often. I also will change the oil one more time, weather it needs it or not, wash and wax it and slap my cover on it. Now if I know I will be getting in it and starting it every few weeks I don't do a thing. This year the winter was so mild I never did anything except some Stabil and an oil change

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
I drive mine maybe twice a month...i dont really do anything all that special. I keep a car cover on her, but thats about it really :shrug:.

Justntym

She likes my snake!
Established Member
VirtualSVT said:
all of you make me sick.

Has my daily driver I have put on 19k in 2 years. The only reason I am parking her is because I just got a company car! Trust me, it was a long winter for stang-----they go great in the snow and ice! LOL:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread