4 post lift

C0bra99

Established Member
I have the 8 and I have no complaints. Certified with lock outs and it's better then liftpro etc...

lawdog302

Lets roll with it
Established Member
Could you do tranny swaps with this lift? Do you have to bolt it down? im just trying to figure out how functional the lift would be for mechanic work.
Thanks.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Short of oil changes and alignments, don't get a four post for mechanical work.

lawdog302

Lets roll with it
Established Member
Would this lift be worth 1500$ and the jack assembly that goes inbetween the rails? i dont know if its been used more than a few times.

C0bra99

Established Member
Could you do tranny swaps with this lift? Do you have to bolt it down? im just trying to figure out how functional the lift would be for mechanic work.
Thanks.

I have the bridge jack and the Jack trays so yes you could swap out a tranny. You don't have to bolt it down

Short of oil changes and alignments, don't get a four post for mechanical work.

Not sure why you would comment like this? The only downside I see is if you want to drop the engine out the bottom.

Would this lift be worth 1500$ and the jack assembly that goes inbetween the rails? i dont know if its been used more than a few times.
FYI I paid $600 just for the bridge jack(list is $945)

oldmodman

Established Member
I have a four post lift, but it's a BendPak.

I have no trouble pulling the transmission. But it is harder to pull the rear end IRS assembly and to do brake or suspension work. Not impossible though. I just use a couple of scissor jacks on the MM Full Length Subframe Connectors.

What I really miss about not having a two post non-symetrical lift is how easy it makes pulling the engine. I turned a four hour sore back job into an easy two hour job. And make it so easy to make sure you didn't forget to unhook some cable, hose, or wire.

lawdog302

Lets roll with it
Established Member
it would primarily just be a space saver and have another car/ lawn mowers parked under it. but you never know what will come up next. ive been known to pull an engine at the spur of a moment! Thanks for the replies!

Users who are viewing this thread