4 point racing harness

blksnakebite97

Established Member
recently my seat belt stopped retracting, i looked into doing the job myself and foundout it would cost around 150$ for just the drivers side set up. so im thinking about a 4 point racing harness, how do i go about installing this. can i keep my seats? does this one look good i know corbeau is a good name when it comes to seats. Corbeau 2" HARNESS BELTS 4-point Racing Seats Online

any help is appreciated

RedTwilight

Shinigami Akakage
Established Member
Unless you have a roll bar with a horizontal bar, you would most likely need a harness bar also. The shoulder harnesses need to be close to the same height as your shoulders in order to do their job effectively without causing injury in the event of an accident. They can attach to either the floor or the harness bar/roll cage but need to wrap over top of the harness bar for proper and safe geometry.

Also you may want to look at the 3 or 4 inch wide as they might be slightly more comfortable than the narrow 2 inch wide harness you linked to.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
you could also buy the seat belt pads to help with the more narrow belt, 4 inch belts are fairly large if you are gonna use them as everyday belts

blksnakebite97

Established Member
thanks for the help. im not looking for anything safer really, i mean im driving around right now with virually no seat belt because it is fully out. so im just looking for a different way of replacing it that would look better. what else would i need that doesnt come in the kit for the install?

Jon96cobra

Established Member
I had a set of Simpson racing belts in my car and I also left the stock ones in place. You can bolt the lap belts in the stock location and I got longer shoulder straps and used the bolt for the rear seat belts to hold the shoulder harness. I would highly recommend a harness bar if your not willing to put in a roll cage.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
thanks for the help. im not looking for anything safer really, i mean im driving around right now with virually no seat belt because it is fully out. so im just looking for a different way of replacing it that would look better. what else would i need that doesnt come in the kit for the install?

The thing of it is that if you don't have a harness bar and you use some 4-point harnesses it is actually considerably more dangerous. You can incur serious injury in the event of a crash if you have them installed without a harness bar.

Ruslow

Established Member
you will have to have a harness bar min.other wise if you do get in an accident if the belts are going to the floor 1] they can pull out. 2]they WILL compress your spine.3] if they go to the rear and attach somewhere in extreme instances the belt will stretch 1 inch for every foot.
Also if you are required by law to wear a seat belt a harness system is NOT legal since it is NOT dot approved.You can get a seat belt ticket.Stan

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
I'm sure he figured it out three years ago.

Btw, if you plan to o/t the car, a four point is not allowed. Either the stock three point or step up to a properly installed 5 or 6 point......at least for NASA

Users who are viewing this thread