4 point cage

SVTcobraGirl

Banned
looking into a 4 point bolt in cage for the car. How hard are these to put in? And who has the cheapest ones? Maybe something I can paint myself?

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
Kinda along the same page.. In looking for one, Maximum Motorsports' website says they will have one out in mid April! :D
They also have autopower listed on their website too.

Hopefully some of our autocross experts will give you some insight!

SVTcobraGirl

Banned
yeah.. the fiance watched some movie and it had a vert crash in it and it beheaded both people in it.. so now hes freaked out lol along with me ..haha so a roll cage is def. in the works..

EVILNSS

EVILNSS
Established Member
DSC02871.jpg

DSC02870.jpg

DSC02873.jpg

DSC02867.jpg

EVILNSS

EVILNSS
Established Member
260 ish from the steeda site get two people buying it at the same time it cuts it down to 300 Shipped, they have to ship VIA freight though. http://www.steeda.com/products/roll_bars.php

its a nic install you only have to drill 8 holes 4 on each side for the bars behind teh front seats. the bars that go ito the rear connect to the seatbelt bolt

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Hey those bars look killer! I might actually do one in mine eventually. Hey SVTCOBRAGIRL you're the one that wanted to do the dumps correct. Well just head on down to your local diesel shop. Then tell them you want those big 10" stacks to run out in front of your back seat. With that you get your loud ass exhaust and a roll bar all in one package while saving money!:lol:

SVTmojo

Track Junkie!
Established Member
I had an autopower bar in my 03. I had all the upgrades though. the diagonal bar, the horizontal bar, and the upgrade to the larger tubing.

these are the only pics that really show the cage. I will look at home to see if I have any better ones.

HPIM0972.gif

HPIM0938.gif

mavereq

Established Member
i'm not saying there is anything wrong with the pics of the cages, but they aren't something i would go with. they don't seem to follow the lines of the car.

SVTcobraGirl

Banned
who cares about the lines of the car if you happen to flip the thing???? Those tops do nothing to support the car if you do flip... not to mention it helps strengthen the chassis.

CHINI

Do Work
Established Member
SVTmojo said:
I had an autopower bar in my 03. I had all the upgrades though. the diagonal bar, the horizontal bar, and the upgrade to the larger tubing.

these are the only pics that really show the cage. I will look at home to see if I have any better ones.

HPIM0972.gif

HPIM0938.gif
you put a trailer hitch on the cobra???? :mj:

SVTmojo

Track Junkie!
Established Member
I have been over this a thousand times in various threads. It was either get a tow vehicle and car trailer, or hitch and utility trailer. No other way to get all the tires and crap to the track. Go to any open track event, or autocross, and you will see vettes, vipers, mustangs, etc all with hitched and trailers for their track tires.;-)

SVTmojo

Track Junkie!
Established Member
SVTcobraGirl said:
who cares about the lines of the car if you happen to flip the thing???? Those tops do nothing to support the car if you do flip... not to mention it helps strengthen the chassis.

I also felt rather strongly about this, as I have already pushed my luck. Just to curb some comments. I was not racing, just bad luck, and in the wrong place at the wrong time.

front.gif

nightstalker865

Established Member
SVTmojo said:
I have been over this a thousand times in various threads. It was either get a tow vehicle and car trailer, or hitch and utility trailer. No other way to get all the tires and crap to the track. Go to any open track event, or autocross, and you will see vettes, vipers, mustangs, etc all with hitched and trailers for their track tires.;-)

This my be one of my next mods.... I packed 4 wheels/tires, a jack and tools in the car to goto the Nashville autox last weekend. It was a very tight fit. I wished I had a trailer for sure.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
SVTmojo said:
I also felt rather strongly about this, as I have already pushed my luck. Just to curb some comments. I was not racing, just bad luck, and in the wrong place at the wrong time.

front.gif

Holy Crap! Al least you are OK.
It looks like styling bar actually held up.

SVTcobraGirl

Banned
SVTmojo said:

front.gif

holy shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks better than the vert I saw flipped... it was flatter than a pankake! I was actually scared of a vert and REFUSED to buy one a year ago. Then i rode in my dads friends 03 vert.. and i fell in love.. lol

A lot of people have told me styling bars wont hold up to a roll over.. thats one reason why decided to go with a 4 or 6 point cage. I plan on boosting the car up eventually over time. Maybe sooner.. so im thinking cage? I dunoooo... i wish someone would make a styling bar that would hold 100% in a rollover...

mavereq

Established Member
SVTcobraGirl said:

i care about the lines. jmo, but i got a vert for a reason. i'm not putting a rollcage on my motorcycle either.

batfat

Established Member
I've got an Autopower 4 point bolt-in without the crossbrace but with the removable horizontal harness bar. This way I can still get 3 track wheels/tires in the back seat.

Users who are viewing this thread