4 lb lower question

Nervouswreck

Established Member
I’ve read several different forums on the matter , plus every one on here i can find and still don’t know what to do . I have a Posi Ported Eaton with a 2.76 upper only right now , 60 lb injectors , VMP BAP , 3000 MAF , and JLT High Boost . The motor was just refreshed top to bottom . I have a Afco Dual Pass heat exchanger as well . I want to do shorty headers ( no Longtubes , just my preference) and this winter I’m doing some small mods like idlers and want to do a lower pulley now . The car made 491 on a Mustang dyno and I’m ready for just a tad more . Only I’m getting mixed opinions on this lower pulley , one being the blower will over spin and get too hot , then some say it won’t !?!? Help me out here boys lol

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Stage 4.6

Established Member
My old setup Steggy stage 4 with 4lb lower and almost your identical above mentioned set up (i had KB BAP) stock manifolds. Was probably one of the best feeling setups i had, it put down 546/515 cant remember exact TQ may have been a little lower? but drive ability was amazing.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I tuned a buddies combo that was a steggy stage 4 with the 2.76/4lb combo. I was surprised that the inlet temps weren't too bad when I was datalogging it. Throttle response was pretty good too. He loved it.

Users who are viewing this thread