4 Americans on hijacked yacht dead off Somalia

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Wow.
Why do we arrest them? Instead of 13 captured it should be 15 killed IMO.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
why the hell would you be off the coast of Africa anyways, i read the sailng around the world part but c'mon.......

skyhighsd

Established Member
Some people have more money than brains, why the hell would you go sailing in that part of the world is be hound me.

firebird1999us

Established Member
Some people have more money than brains, why the hell would you go sailing in that part of the world is be hound me.

Yeah - that's kind of what I came into this thread to respond with. You kind of get what you deserve when you take your fancy yatch right through the middle of known pirate areas:shrug:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
yeah and they were well aware of the dangers too.

i hate to say it, but the guy got his wife and friends killed :nonono:

kudos to the sailors attempting to rescue them. it sucks that they had to be put in that position and probably feel like they "failed".

i cant believe these butt pirates have 660 hostages currently in their keep. wtf?! i think we need a multi-national special forces operation to go in there and finish these jokers off already. but im just talking out of my arse. im sure there is more to it than just that.

i think every country that has ships traveling through the area should have a few gunships patrolling down there and just preemptively sink any pirates they encounter. although, that would probably stir the pirates to start executing their hostages they currently have back at their base. they sure have enough to go through :kaboom:

unbelievable that a bunch of 3rd world "savages" can hold the world by the balls like this :nonono:

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
Very sad to hear, but as others have said.,., Why would you go near there if you are not a Navy seal :shrug:

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
Yeah - that's kind of what I came into this thread to respond with. You kind of get what you deserve when you take your fancy yatch right through the middle of known pirate areas:shrug:

Uhm. I'm no religious person at all (as you'd know if you've ever been to any of the "religion vs" threads), but they were attempting to do good work. They gave up all their life savings to go to that part of the world to do missionary work as well as pass out bibles.

I would have had no problem if the SEALs that recovered that boat lined up those ****ers along the railings and slit their throats one-by-one and threw them overboard.

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
why the hell would you be off the coast of Africa anyways, i read the sailng around the world part but c'mon.......

They were warned by those patrolling the area of possbly being attacked. From what I read they were on a mission trip fo sorts. They were sailing all over the world delivering bibles to other countries and those in more poverty areas.

txyaloo

Established Member
They were warned by those patrolling the area of possbly being attacked. From what I read they were on a mission trip fo sorts. They were sailing all over the world delivering bibles to other countries and those in more poverty areas.

They were actually part of a yacht flotilla doing the mission trip. For some reason, they broke off to go to Dubai on their own. THe other folks warned them to stay with the group, but they decided not to.

It's unfortunate. I wonder why the Navy took so long "negotiating" with the pirates versus just retaking the boat? I guess they're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
They were actually part of a yacht flotilla doing the mission trip. For some reason, they broke off to go to Dubai on their own. THe other folks warned them to stay with the group, but they decided not to.

It's unfortunate. I wonder why the Navy took so long "negotiating" with the pirates versus just retaking the boat? I guess they're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

said the pirate stayed over night on the US ship too right? i read that and was like wtf? should've done a ninja sneak attack while he was onboard :rockon:

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member

i understand that c'mon.....off the coast of Africa? guess they thought cause they were American they wouldn't be messed with....:shrug:

DevilSun

Established Member
Sounds right out counter-strike. Boom headshot! *slice* Yeah, shank that terrorist!

Too bad for the innocent people sailing around the world being killed though :(

stangaholic280

Established Member
I saw this story on "The 700 Club" while I was getting my state inspection done this morning. Even the old geezer on the show was like..."Why doesn't the navy just blow the pirates right out of the water?"

What do pirates travel in? It seems like a yacht would be able to outrun a single engine life boat that comes to mind when you think of Somalian pirates.

txyaloo

Established Member
I saw this story on "The 700 Club" while I was getting my state inspection done this morning. Even the old geezer on the show was like..."Why doesn't the navy just blow the pirates right out of the water?"

What do pirates travel in? It seems like a yacht would be able to outrun a single engine life boat that comes to mind when you think of Somalian pirates.

The travel in small fast boats. This yacht in question was using sails versus their engines. A large sail boat is going to have a hard time out maneuvering a small fast boat.

I just saw an interview with Admiral Fox the commander of naval forces in central command. He'd said the pirates shot an rpg at the naval vessels trailing the pirates. That's pretty ballsy. They then heard gun shots and most of the pirates went on the bow of the yacht and surrendered.

Users who are viewing this thread