4.6L P.I MOTOR SWAP! Need Help =]

mr.naldo

mr.naldo
Established Member
I know this is the wrong forum..but you guys are always on here lol and i need help.

I'am in progress of swapping the blown engine on my 97 gt.i blew the block and now swaping it for a P.I motor.The problem is that im still on the mission on finding a P.I motor from a 00-04 mustang gt but the only ones i find are 4.6L motors out of crown vics.Can i do a direct swap on crown vic motors into my 97?
Are crown vic motors also P.I?
I Can also just go ahead and buy a mustang 4.6 engine out of a 96-98 and just do the p.i head swap...???

what do you guys sugest i should do???

please help...

GraphicNature

Viewer Discretion Advised
Established Member
Seriously... Of all of the forums you could search... You come to SVTPerformance, where LSX people hang out, and ask this. oh yeah... in the pics and videos forum. WOW! your not gonna get a whole lot of help here. If your not going to build a motor for F.I. Just get a NPI engine and do the PI swap. (higher compression) and then put some nice NPI cams in it. should be a decent street car. Later

mr.naldo

mr.naldo
Established Member
Seriously... Of all of the forums you could search... You come to SVTPerformance, where LSX people hang out, and ask this. oh yeah... in the pics and videos forum. WOW! your not gonna get a whole lot of help here. If your not going to build a motor for F.I. Just get a NPI engine and do the PI swap. (higher compression) and then put some nice NPI cams in it. should be a decent street car. Later

Oh thanks for your help..And seriously is people like you i dont need to hear this crap from...if you dont have nuthing good to say click over to the next tread..i've gotten alot of help from here before so...yeah no thanks

Satan's Snake

Established Member
wow all over his ass and he actually answered your question...surprised you didn't get:burn: or :wf: or :kaboom:. seriously tho what he suggested sounds like a pretty good set up as long as you're not going Forced Induction.

mr.naldo

mr.naldo
Established Member
wow all over his ass and he actually answered your question...surprised you didn't get:burn: or :wf: or :kaboom:. seriously tho what he suggested sounds like a pretty good set up as long as you're not going Forced Induction.

YEah i guess i did come out a little harsh on him...but i realy dont need to hear useless comments..all im asking is for help :shrug:

(GraphicNature)Dint mean to come at you faul

Anyways....yeah that setup doest sound to bad.
I'm not going with forced induction tho..ill wait to do that on the 03/04 cobra swap =] but for now i can only afford a 2v =[

Has Anyone in here done a P.I swap by any chance?

If so...can you tell the diffrence?

GraphicNature

Established Member
Oh thanks for your help..And seriously is people like you i dont need to hear this crap from...if you dont have nuthing good to say click over to the next tread..i've gotten alot of help from here before so...yeah no thanks

:rolleyes:

Roughly your looking at a 45+ hp gain right outta the box. Yes, you should be able to tell a big difference.

GraphicNature

Established Member
What?realy
Thats pretty good numbers.
Thats what im looking for on power wise...thanks dude :beer:

Quick video I found, to keep the thread relevant
[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/268H-cams-in-non-pi_101287.htm]268H+cams+in+non+pi+mustang[/ame]

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member
I vote go 4v motor. To keep it cheaper you can look for 96-98 cobra parts. PI swap is not a bad idea though. I knew a person with a 96 GT with PI heads and intake that ran 13.3's at around 104-105 on Nitto dr's.

GraphicNature

Established Member
I vote go 4v motor. To keep it cheaper you can look for 96-98 cobra parts. PI swap is not a bad idea though. I knew a person with a 96 GT with PI heads and intake that ran 13.3's at around 104-105 on Nitto dr's.

You could get a Mark VIII engine. Ive seen alot of them go for around $400

jrobinsonchicag

Established Member
I know this is the wrong forum..but you guys are always on here lol and i need help.

I'am in progress of swapping the blown engine on my 97 gt.i blew the block and now swaping it for a P.I motor.The problem is that im still on the mission on finding a P.I motor from a 00-04 mustang gt but the only ones i find are 4.6L motors out of crown vics.Can i do a direct swap on crown vic motors into my 97?
Are crown vic motors also P.I?
I Can also just go ahead and buy a mustang 4.6 engine out of a 96-98 and just do the p.i head swap...???

what do you guys sugest i should do???

I've got a 4.6 engine and trans out of a mustang GT for $1500. Email me at [email protected]

please help...

I've got a 4.6 engine and trans out of a mustang GT for $1500. Email me at [email protected]

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
the crown vic motors use different cams, intake, and have few different sensor bosses built into the block and heads. There are replacement PI engines out there you just have to look

cinderbricks

Established Member
ive done about 10 of them. you can just swap the heads and lower intake. but the valve train assembly is differnt as well. just a newer style. not necesarily better. if your gonna get PI swap u miswell buy a good set of heads instead of waisting ur money. patriot heads are cheap and work well. and huge power gains...dont waste ur money on PI...NOT ENOUGH BANG FOR THE BUCK

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
I blew the motorin my 97 shortly after i bought it, car only had 69k on it but was obviously beat on or not well maintained motor wise. Anyway I got a real good deal on a NPI motor with 43k on it out of a wrecked 97 vert, paid $500. Picked up PI cams and intake from a friend for cheap, did the swap and its a different car and was dirt cheap.

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
did the swap and its a different car and was dirt cheap.

:beer:

Just wait until you get PI heads. you'll gain about a point in compression. it'll feel different AGAIN

I wonder what kind of gains the new TF heads will offer in your situation? Impressive, i'll bet.

Users who are viewing this thread