4.6l Egr Delete?

1crzhrs

1CRZHRS
Established Member
HAS ANYONE DONE THIS ON A 2V GT? i have been told by a few people that the egr is just for smog purposes and isn't necessary for any other purpose. any input is needed.

1crzhrs

1CRZHRS
Established Member
yes, i do! just trying to find out something. i searched it with no results here. there's a lot of good info on the pcv delete/ breather replacement though.

spike_africa

Established Member
Its used for emissions,but only at part throttle. So if you think tossing it will make you faster it will not. It helps you get better mileage at part throttle also which is nice. Other then that getting rid of the EGR will clean up the engine bay and get ride of alot of hoses and crap. YOu will also have no more hot exhaust fumes going into the intake manifold and covering it in carbon which is a plus.

gt03mustang

Detailer
Established Member
Yep, what Dustin said. I deleted mine. If you do, then you need to adjust for it in the tune or else till throw the engine light.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
You can delete it, but you will have to tune around it.

Everyone has basically stated the benefits here.

For the most part, you should be able to have your tuner command the valve shut in the program and have a nice day. That way, if you have to, it will pass a visual inspection.

Users who are viewing this thread