4.6 TO 5.0 Conversion 99-04 Body Style

Roushinator

Established Member
Has anyone seen a site that shows steps to put a 5.0 in a 99-04 body style. I want to do some research on this and i know people have done this. Keep in mind i want this to be a street application not a strip application. Or has any one seen a kit offered that allows an easy swap over? I am interseted in all aspects of the swap but especially in the computer/electrical aspects.Thanks.

fastball19

South Florida King !
Established Member
just stoke out the 4.6... it way better.. your not gonna do anything with that.. the 94-95 GT proved that.. its a heavy frame!

Roushinator

Established Member
fastball19 said:
just stoke out the 4.6... it way better.. your not gonna do anything with that.. the 94-95 GT proved that.. its a heavy frame!

Don't discount the 5.0 that easy. I have a friend here local that runs 11's all motor in his 95. :burnout:

jonw357

Established Member
I have seen a lot more fast 94-95 gt's than 99-2004 gt's. Also had a budy do a swap on his 99 and ran a lot better, but i caught fire about 3 weeks later. :burn: I would go for it if you are going to do it right. Dont go with a carb, go efi. And if you are going to do the swap you might as well go with a 351w. Be about the same price and a whole lot more power. :rockon:

Ironhand

Banned
Nah, Go for the 351C, you can push that out to 408 and say hello to 600rwhp on straight motor and maybe more. :)

Roushinator

Established Member
Here is my situation...

I love the 01-04 body styles.... And i have an Awesome/rare 5.0 Intake (complete setup). I would like to incorporate the two. However i might just have to end up with 2 stangs instead of one.

blown88gt

Established Member
fastball19 said:

then how come the 96 GTs are considered the slow GTs of the sn95 body style.

Matt94GT

Established Member
dont even think about putting the 5.0 motor in there stroke the 4.6 to 5.0 it will be much better, and this is comming from a 5.0 guy!

what intake do u have?? :coolman:

Roushinator

Established Member
Matt94GT said:
what intake do u have?? :coolman:

This is not my exact intake but i have this one..

50sm.jpg

Matt94GT

Established Member
Roushinator said:
This is not my exact intake but i have this one..

50sm.jpg

Ooooo the roush intake, ive allways wanted one of those chromed. Reminds me of that new BBK intake. Would U sell???

Users who are viewing this thread