4.6 short block 3.700 bore

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
nos no sleeves never used arp main studs main caps are anodized. will handle 2k hp can go 3.554 to 3.700 bore make my aluminator,fr500c block look like passanger car stuff. 1950$ obo chris
Is the Sean Hyland block sleeved? From the pictures is appears to have no sleeves in the cylinder bores. I don’t recall those blocks being a PTWA cylinder lining like the new Coyote blocks. Also the top deck in the second pic of the SHM block looks fairly scratched up. How deep are they and can you get better close ups of them please? Anything else wrong with the block aside from the 3 bolt verse 4 bolt starter?
Thanks
Ken

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
Is the Sean Hyland block sleeved? From the pictures is appears to have no sleeves in the cylinder bores. I don’t recall those blocks being a PTWA cylinder lining like the new Coyote blocks. Also the top deck in the second pic of the SHM block looks fairly scratched up. How deep are they and can you get better close ups of them please? Anything else wrong with the block aside from the 3 bolt verse 4 bolt starter?
Thanks
Ken

I am guessing the pic you are talking about is raw casting, before machined and sleeved.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

TA28

Established Member
yah seem my 2 adds got screwed up sean hyland has no sleeves and no scrapes on deck just a glare mark. other motor has sleeves pistons rods and crank in it.

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
yah seem my 2 adds got screwed up sean hyland has no sleeves and no scrapes on deck just a glare mark. other motor has sleeves pistons rods and crank in it.
Besides having sleeves installed, what other machining does the SHM block need in order to be used?
Thanks

TA28

Established Member
guy i am sorry for 2 adds being combined 1st time poster. i am in talks with 1 on the short block. the sean hyland block is not for sale i am going to build it . thanks chris

TA28

Established Member
got a question is anyone close to hudson valley of nys to look at this short block. reason is 2 people are interested and there not close. I am not trying to sell a pos. and dont need the headache's oh shipping and then.

i dont want you to tell me what you think you can post or email buyer

thanks chris

TA28

Established Member
the short block was from a imsa team jbs motorsport . flat top on a 4v head is 10.5 to 1. maybe more? they did run a car with a charger but got banned fast when they blew by c6 and c7 vettes. told me was scarey fast down straight aways
that said it will do what ever you plan on. i run n/a only due to the car fr500c

nucworker

Established Member
So is it back up for sale now? We were talking several months back and then you pulled out of the deal. I'm still interested if you've decided to sell now.

Users who are viewing this thread