4.56 guys!

fatal01SVT

Established Member
people who run 4.56s, i have a few questions for you.
A) what are your revs at 75mph in 5th gear?
B) how big is the acceleration difference from the stock 3.27s?
C) do you have significantly more traction issues/wheel hop than stock?
D) does anyone know a place that has experience swapping gears with the IRS in central PA? or is it something i can do myself? or maybe a dealer can do well?

also who has aftermarket radio suggestions? i would love a usb port haha

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I have 4.10s but according to my calculator, with stock size tires, 4.56's and at 75 mph, you will be at 3038 rpm. That is for a T45 transmission though with a .67 5th gear and the 3650 in the 01s is the same ratio. I could email you the calculator if you wanted to toy with it and put in different gear ratios and tire sizes.

Acceleration will be improved down low, your car will tear through the first 3 gears but you will only be going 85 when shifting into 4th.

1st gear will be pretty useless unless you have great tires, otherwise they will just spin on the street.

I put in 4.10s when I was N/A and it was a great gear overall. Now that I have a Vortech blower, I wish I had gone with 3.90's.

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
I picked up a Kenwood double din from Crutchfield to replace the Pioneer I had. It has the USB and Aux input. The only problem I have is the radio doesn't charge my phone. But it'll keep my ipod charged. I didn't get bluetooth or anything. Don't really need it in my toy.

fatal01SVT

Established Member
will 3000ish rpms at 75mph be alright if i ever decide to take the car on the freeway? i very seldom drive it long distances but would love to take it to AM's mustang show, and its about a 3 and a half hour drive.

fangs99

Established Member
depending on your exhaust, 3,000 rpm will be ok. if your concern is the engine it will not hurt anything. 4.56 work best with a t-56 to me. a magnum t-56 has a option that has 2.97 1st gear or 2.66 1st.

Mr Patience

Canadian Eh!
Established Member
will 3000ish rpms at 75mph be alright if i ever decide to take the car on the freeway? i very seldom drive it long distances but would love to take it to AM's mustang show, and its about a 3 and a half hour drive.

When I had 4.56's I'd drive on the highway back and fourth from the track (2.5-3hrs each way) at 3-4000 RPM (closer to 4) with no issues ever.

Hurrycanestang

Established Member
A) what are your revs at 75mph in 5th gear? Im assuming you meant RPM's, I think I run roughly 3k a 75-80mph
B) how big is the acceleration difference from the stock 3.27s? I have no idea as the previous owner put them in
C) do you have significantly more traction issues/wheel hop than stock? I don't have noticeable hop and only notice traction issues when i put my foot in it, but I have the FTBR kit on my IRS...
D) does anyone know a place that has experience swapping gears with the IRS in central PA? or is it something i can do myself? or maybe a dealer can do well? I can only reference San Diego shops, sorry.

also who has aftermarket radio suggestions? i would love a usb port haha. Ive always been a fan of JVC myself, but there are several good companies including Clarion.

Users who are viewing this thread