4/5 door SVTF

PFA

Established Member
When will the 4/5 door SVTF be at the dealers? All the same colors available? Any changes?
Thanks

AND can they be chipped? Any improvements and aftermarket parts for them? Where can I find info.

Thanks again! :)

Last edited:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
There are tons of mods out there for the Regular Zetec. I think the FSVT is a lil behind though. Tommy is the Focus guy here, where is he?

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
The 5-Door should be in just after the first of the year. Or even early December for some early run units. There will be some different packages later in the year but I cannot elaborate on that. Colors should be the same as the 3-Door.

AZ SVT

Established Member
All SVTFs have the same colors as 2002 (at least for the first part of the year). The 5 doors don't have the rocker moldings but have the same bumpers. The 2003s have painted rear gate lifts instead of black. There will be an HID headlight option later in the model year. There is a new 6 disc changer and also an MP3 single CD player.

The aftermarket stuff is just hitting the market with the major players shipping intakes and exhausts. Borla BTW is hyping thier exhaust as adding 7 HP while the rest are about half that if any. The underdrive pullies seem to have the highest percent of buyer satisfaction of bolt on power mods.

There are NO chips yet because Ford is using a new computer the aftermarket hasn't cracked yet. That computer will spread to other models so its just a matter of time.

Likewise no turbo or SC kits available yet. Jackjson Racing has perpetually been saying their SC kit will be available in a few months since April. The head of SVT hints at a turbo option in the future.

If you are into drag racing and don't want to pull fuses at the strip, don't check the Traction Control option box. It applies the brakes on wheelspin under 20 MPH even when switched off.

Users who are viewing this thread