4.30s and my rear end

cSoVbTr0a1

Established Member
Im wanting to have a set of 4.30s installed. I have aftermarket koni shocks and eibach springs in the rear. How much wheel hop will this eleminate, and is this enough to make the 4.30s happy. Im not going to be at the strip much if at all really. I just dont want to be spinning and having my rear end bouncing all over the place.

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
cSoVbTr0a1 said:
Im wanting to have a set of 4.30s installed. I have aftermarket koni shocks and eibach springs in the rear. How much wheel hop will this eleminate, and is this enough to make the 4.30s happy. Im not going to be at the strip much if at all really. I just dont want to be spinning and having my rear end bouncing all over the place.

Those shocks and springs will deffinitley help the wheel hop. Other things that will help would be sub frame connectors and replacing the rubber bushings in the irs w/ the MM poly stuff. Also consider the 03/04 irs brace.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Your springs and shocks are going to help.

On every IRS equipped mustang I've owned these 3 items reduced wheel hop on the order of 90-95%

Full length sub-frame connectors
4 wheel alignment*
Good tires

*On the alignment issue. Many shops will tell you your car doesn't need a 4 wheel alignment. They're wrong. The IRS unit does need aligned, and it is not aligned properly from the factory in most cases.

The unit comes assembled and "pre-alinged" to the assembly line before it's bolted to the car. Most units fall out of alignment when they're bolted in.

anothersvtguy

Turner of Wrenches
Established Member
yep

Yes, what you have will definately help. Stiff rear shocks made the biggest difference for me.

Subframes are a must if you really want to firm up the ride and cut the wheelhop though.

slonech

Dark Side
Established Member
nice wide rear tires... i just had mine out at the track last weekend and had 0 wheelhop using nothign but eibach springs and a set of 315/35 eagle f1s... first time on the track i may add!!!!!!!!! i have subframes laying in the cornor that i may not even weld in cause it did so well..

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
slonech said:
i have subframes laying in the cornor that i may not even weld in cause it did so well..

You take that back. lol.

Definitely weld them on. They make the car feel like 100 times more solid.

Users who are viewing this thread