4:30 gears tooth count question?

01 Grey.T GT

Established Member
Sup guys, having a problem with this dallas mustang speedcal, i put in the code that the paper gives me that came with the speedcal. But it does not work. So i looked up online for the calculator they have available to see if there is another code for me. The only problem is though it asks for speedp gear teeth, it says 19 teeth count for 3:27's but i dont know what it is for 4:30's. Anyone know the teeth count?

Thanks.

fourvalvegt

Established Member
there is no drop in speedo gear for 4.30s you can count the teeth on your current one by pulling it out or you can just call dallas mustang.
this is why i like the ford one, first its ford and it will correct anything as long as you can do the math and look at a chart

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Nope. Leave the info as is in the left side and update the right to your current mods and that will give you your settings.

1996MysticSnake

Established Member
Go to www.americanmuscle.com and look up the speed cal and use their chart. I had the same problem a few weeks ago with mine and no other charts worked except that one.

No problems since, the speedo is dead nuts accurate.

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
I searched the American Muscle site but can't find the chart. I want to see what they say for settings compared to DM's settings.

1996MysticSnake

Established Member
the chart i just posted is def right i had the same exact problem and this fixed it. The chart that came with the box was wrong and the chart on their website, both of which told me to use different settings.

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member

1996MysticSnake

Established Member
all you have to do is go to the speedcal on their website. Click on it and theres a link for the tables.

Users who are viewing this thread