4.2 Kenne Bell Built 5.4 is ALIVE

serickson1

sericksonGT500
Established Member
Most of you know I discovered a cracked lower pulley and damaged crank after completing my winter upgrades to E-85 and 3.4 Whipple. I was at a crossroads and not sure which way I wanted to go with the motor.
One phone call from Van changed everything and made my decision very easy……he came up with a killer offer if I would change over to a 4.2 Kenne Bell with all the trimmings, I took about 2 seconds to accept his offer and the monster build was started. I had already purchased a FRPP Iron short block so I pulled my old motor and dropped everything off at Aldridge Motorsports and Engineering in Portland. Denny Aldridge has been racing and building Fords for over 40 years. He and his mod motor builder Max did an excellent job and there attention to every detail was much appreciated with this build. The first thing they did was tear down the FRPP block and found windows in the cylinder walls and scuffs on the crank……(I would recommend this step to anyone using a FRPP block in a high horsepower build)…..rather than return the block we started from scratch. Another call to Van and some custom L&M .020 over pistons where on the way, new bearings, .020 Bore, line hone, decking, polished and double keyed crank, and the block was ready to rock. Max handled all the assembly duties while Denny worked his magic on the heads. Max took the time to drill and tap the front of the block and heads for larger and stronger bolts to hold the timing chains and tensioners……they used ARP bolts and studs as well. We had a small issue with the original cam I had selected so we ended up with a Comp Cam and springs. I couldn't be happier with the quality of the build and the customer service as I was invited back into the engine room every time I stopped by…..a big reason I chose a local shop.
Jon Lund is taking care of the tuning and we have a remote tune scheduled for June 20th…….Should be another 4 digit power Revan Racing-Kenne Bell sponsored GT500 roaming the street and strip soon…..I will post up numbers as soon as we dial everything in next Friday.
Check out the link below to hear the idle.

http://youtu.be/sitqdLwhFhk

Users who are viewing this thread