4.10 gears.......

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
I was dead set against gears in a 03-04 cobra. I thought it would be way to much for me....so I sold my 3.90 gears and pussed out :bash: Well I feel different now, I drove my friends car last night and he has 4.10 gears.....DAM the car felt great!! And he had a 2.8 upper and a 4# lower so the car allready hauled ass!! So I am here to say the saying is true....DON'T FEAR THE GEAR!! Its great! :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :pepper:

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
The only thing I worry about with 4.10's is the cruising rpm's being too high. Otherwise I'd hop on it in a heartbeat! :rockon:

Last edited:

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
If I wasn't adding nitrous to my car with the whipple I would go either 3.90's or 4.10's! I wish I didn't just sell my 3.90's......DAM!!

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
ford doesnt sell a 3.90 so they were motive power or someone else's gears. the only trouble-free gearset out there is ford (ford racing, ford motorsport, whatever)

i have yet to hear about a trouble-free 3.90:1 8.8 gear install.

stangd1909 said:
If I wasn't adding nitrous to my car with the whipple I would go either 3.90's or 4.10's! I wish I didn't just sell my 3.90's......DAM!!

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
ford doesnt sell a 3.90 so they were motive power or someone else's gears. the only trouble-free gearset out there is ford (ford racing, ford motorsport, whatever)

i have yet to hear about a trouble-free 3.90:1 8.8 gear install.

ya I know postban is NOT happy with his...But mine were Motive....

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
03 svtvenom said:
I cant handle all the peer pressure, gonnnnaaaaa craaaccckkkkk!! :cryying: :kaboom:
32.gif

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
I-CAN-STANG said:
do it! :poke:

Its either the LFP 3lb lower or gears. I figure they would be pretty close in torque feel. I remember when I did 4.10's in my 96 cobra. Best mod ever!! They should have came stock with those gears.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread