4.10 Gears Question

BANDIT HPT

Established Member
I'm thinking about getting 4.10 gears installed in my 99 Lightning. I want to hold off on getting a tune until I can get a couple more mods. I know the gears will throw off the speedometer but will it throw of the shifts points?

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
I'm pretty sure it will cause your rpm's to be higher too. I think you need a tune to correct the shift points too. I sure some others will chime in here shortly.

Why the 4.10 gears. I was thinking the 3.77 for my 99 L. I usually trap around 107 mph while at the track here in East TN. You know the track. Bristol...

Edit, I am hoping to put a set of 3.77's in the rear of mine when I get it where I want it with the 3.55's. Eventually I'll put them in there.
But for now, I'll just wait.

Last edited:

BANDIT HPT

Established Member
If I go to the track it's usually a 1/8 mile track. I don't do a lot of interstate driving and I think the 4.10 with be nice in stop and go traffic. This is a big heavy truck, It's not a roll racer : )

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
I have 4:10's in my truck and the fun factor is :rockon:... I noticed a 200 Rpm increase with mine coming from a 3:73's. I would imagine that you would see 300 or more coming from 3:55's. I did notice myself running out of gear at the track with this combo but I was trapping around 115 in the 1320.

Users who are viewing this thread