wilderyzed

Established Member
God I wish I had the money to buy one, I wish somebody else on here would run it. they make awesome power on the LS motors. Theres a guy with an LSx gto that has one with 800+whp youtube it

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
It would take alot of motor to push that blower like it should be. Buying it and running it on low low boost would NOT be worth it. high boost would mean you would have to build the motor to hell!

GodStang

Established Member
God I wish I had the money to buy one, I wish somebody else on here would run it. they make awesome power on the LS motors. Theres a guy with an LSx gto that has one with 800+whp youtube it

That's because they have what 150 more CI then us. Blower is way too big for most of our builds. Also there are plenty of guys that have hit 800+ rwhp with the 2.8L and 3.4L on the tiny 281 motors.

There will be a dumbass out there that will put it on a bone stock mustang. I guarantee it.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
There will be a dumbass out there that will put it on a bone stock mustang. I guarantee it.

In fairness, I know a guy that run's mid 8's at damned near 170mph with a stock bottom end '03 Cobra shortblock with an 88mm turbo set on kill.
Granted, it's a completely different setup...but the fact remains that these engines in stock form are monsters and can take a severe beating. I think it's possible to run a 4L blower on a bone stock long block and be very successful at the track, but it would be a good idea to have a spare shorty laying around. :rolling: Would I recommend it? Hell no. Is it possible to hold the power a 4L will make? Yep, definitely. Who knows for how long though.

GodStang

Established Member
In fairness, I know a guy that run's mid 8's at damned near 170mph with a stock bottom end '03 Cobra shortblock with an 88mm turbo set on kill.
Granted, it's a completely different setup...but the fact remains that these engines in stock form are monsters and can take a severe beating. I think it's possible to run a 4L blower on a bone stock long block and be very successful at the track, but it would be a good idea to have a spare shorty laying around. :rolling: Would I recommend it? Hell no. Is it possible to hold the power a 4L will make? Yep, definitely. Who knows for how long though.

No I do not mean stock bottom end. There are plenty of turbos north of 800 on stock bottom end. I mean some of the guys I see stock bottom end, stock heads, stock cams, stock exhaust, stock cooling, stock everything and then put a huge blower on it (2.8L and up) run it 15 psi and call it a day. Post up graphs making 500rwhp and everyone pats him on the back for the "impressive numbers".

RPM4DAZ

Because stock sucks!!
Established Member
Has anybody considered the fact that, a larger blower would be more efficient at moving the same or more air than a smaller blower of the same design, while creating less heat... There is no need to rebuild the engine for a larger blower when you could drive it slower. Take in the same amount of air ( have the same manifold pressure/restriction ) while having less heat. You could actually make the same horsepower and be safer. Is it needed for a smaller engine? Probably not, but I doubt it would hurt either. Also, the newer screw type superchargers all take about the same amount of horsepower to drive then. Therefore, a bigger ( higher volume ) blower moving more or the same amount of air, hence turning slower. Makes same or more power and requiring the same or less parasitic horsepower loss!!! I say go for it if you can afford it. Remember, there is no advancement without experiments and lessons learned from them!!!

GodStang

Established Member
Has anybody considered the fact that, a larger blower would be more efficient at moving the same or more air than a smaller blower of the same design, while creating less heat... There is no need to rebuild the engine for a larger blower when you could drive it slower. Take in the same amount of air ( have the same manifold pressure/restriction ) while having less heat. You could actually make the same horsepower and be safer. Is it needed for a smaller engine? Probably not, but I doubt it would hurt either. Also, the newer screw type superchargers all take about the same amount of horsepower to drive then. Therefore, a bigger ( higher volume ) blower moving more or the same amount of air, hence turning slower. Makes same or more power and requiring the same or less parasitic horsepower loss!!! I say go for it if you can afford it. Remember, there is no advancement without experiments and lessons learned from them!!!

You do realize bigger the blower more Engine power it takes to turn. It can take anywhere from 80-150 engine HP to turn the blower on the Terminators. Also when you are talking low boost, around 15-17psi on a stock setup the smaller blowers, as long as they are in good health, really do not make that much heat. The bigger blower will not run that much cooler at that low of a boost so the gains will not be that huge if any. Now if you start to add more boost. Enough boost to were the smaller blowers are creating a lot of heat. North of 20psi on a stock setup then yes going with a bigger blower will result in cooler temps and better numbers. There are many guys out there with big enough setups to need blowers that big but not on a stock setup. Shit I have maxed out the 2.8L.

Matt 347

Established Member
What's your motor setup going to be?

Stock 281ci with Manley Pro Series Billet "I-Beam" Connecting Rod, Manley 11cc Dish Pistons 020" Over, Ported head with oversize valves and custom cams. ARP hard ware, Fore Precision Works kit and some big injectors..

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
No I do not mean stock bottom end. There are plenty of turbos north of 800 on stock bottom end. I mean some of the guys I see stock bottom end, stock heads, stock cams, stock exhaust, stock cooling, stock everything and then put a huge blower on it (2.8L and up) run it 15 psi and call it a day. Post up graphs making 500rwhp and everyone pats him on the back for the "impressive numbers".

:lol:

Good points.

Hangman

Modding is Expensive
Established Member
Stock 281ci with Manley Pro Series Billet "I-Beam" Connecting Rod, Manley 11cc Dish Pistons 020" Over, Ported head with oversize valves and custom cams. ARP hard ware, Fore Precision Works kit and some big injectors..

Daily driver?? Or track car?

Users who are viewing this thread