4.0 for my 03 cobra has arrived

Status
Not open for further replies.

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
That is sick.... can't wait to see some numbers.

wow thats all i can say....

Wow, I can't believe you put a hood like that on your cobra. You sir shouldn't be allowed to own anything better than a V6 IMO. Sorry to highjack but I had to say it. :nonono::nonono:

RussZTT

Established Member
I sure hope this is going on a fully built motor. If not, total total waste. Personally I think its silly if its on a stock motor.

saleen302

Established Member
That is a big blower. I personally do not think it is going to make 1000 RWHP on a 4.6.

Eventhough the 3.4 whipple is more than enough blower for an 03 -04 Cobra, the advantage of the 4.0 blower is that due to the increased cfm, it will make significant more power per pound of boost than the 3.4 would.

I have a friend who has the whipple 4.0 blower on a 2010 GT500. He currently makes 758 RWHP with low 700s or so RWTQ @ 19 lbs of boost. He used to have a smaller whipple which at 19 lbs made mid 600s in RWHP and low 600s in RWTQ. So, just by changing the blower and nothing else (ofcourse, bigger injectors and modifications to the fuel system), and keeping the boost level exactly the same, the car picked up over 100 RWHP and RWTQ. The power curve is much better, and he picked up almost 10 mph in the quarter mile by doing just this swap.

So, while the Cobra in question here might not make 1000 RWHP, it should run significantly stronger than almost any 4.6 litre 3.4 whipple cobra, which means buying the blower over a smaller whipple is not a waste of time IMO.

Last edited:

Matt 347

Established Member
That is a big blower. I personally do not think it is going to make 1000 RWHP on a 4.6.

Eventhough the 3.4 whipple is more than enough blower for an 03 -04 Cobra, the advantage of the 4.0 blower is that due to the increased cfm, it will make significant more power per pound of boost than the 3.4 would.

I have a friend who has the whipple 4.0 blower on a 2010 GT500. He currently makes 758 RWHP with low 700s or so RWTQ @ 19 lbs of boost. He used to have a smaller whipple which at 19 lbs made mid 600s in RWHP and low 600s in RWTQ. So, just by changing the blower and nothing else (ofcourse, bigger injectors and modifications to the fuel system), and keeping the boost level exactly the same, the car picked up over 100 RWHP and RWTQ. The power curve is much better, and he picked up almost 10 mph in the quarter mile by doing just this swap.

So, while the Cobra in question here might not make 1000 RWHP, it should run significantly stronger than almost any 4.6 litre 3.4 whipple cobra, which means buying the blower over a smaller whipple is not a waste of time IMO.

Man sometimes you just have to try something new...I'm not trying to set a world record just thought the 4.0 sounded like a fun build..Thanks for the positive words. But I do think she will be close to a 1000hp.:rockon:

black03kbcobra

Flawless Victory!
Established Member
Awesome! Can't wait to see the 4.2 KB on a shelby when they come out. At least I don't think they are available yet.

AaronK

Established Member
I'll trade you my ported eaton plus $100 for that blower. I'll even throw in a throttle body. But you'd have to cover the shipping.

Jrrycurl

Established Member
sick!!! i honestly thought about this as a build, when i called Lethal Performance, they were def like..."you need a built-race 4.6L to turn this beast...so 3.4L it is..lol good luck man.

Matt 347

Established Member
sick!!! i honestly thought about this as a build, when i called Lethal Performance, they were def like..."you need a built-race 4.6L to turn this beast...so 3.4L it is..lol good luck man.

Thanks so much bro.. I'll need it lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread