3V Camshaft Phaser Noise Repair Kit F150 Expedition Mustang

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
This Kit from MMR has all parts needed to lock out those noisy phasers on your Mustang , F150 or Ford Expedition. This kit includes 2 Camshaft lockouts, 2 camshaft bolts and wedgelock tool so that the installation can be completed with only valve cover removal!

Vehicle Must be tuned after installation for proper performance.

Purchase now: http://www.modularmotorsportsracing...age=product_info&cPath=4_7_56&products_id=828

900962_.jpg

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
So what are the side effects (besides solving the noise issue) of eliminating the cam phasers? Lower fuel mileage? Less peak power? Less low end torque? My truck has had the noise for a long, long time, but still I hesitate to install this kit because no one has yet to give me an honest answer to that question. (To be honest, I've only asked a Livernois representative at PRI last year). Can MMR explain? I'm sure Ford didn't install variable dam timing just to make things more expensive. They were trying to improve something, so what happens when we effectively remove it?

NotSoStockMach

Established Member
So what are the side effects (besides solving the noise issue) of eliminating the cam phasers? Lower fuel mileage? Less peak power? Less low end torque? My truck has had the noise for a long, long time, but still I hesitate to install this kit because no one has yet to give me an honest answer to that question. (To be honest, I've only asked a Livernois representative at PRI last year). Can MMR explain? I'm sure Ford didn't install variable dam timing just to make things more expensive. They were trying to improve something, so what happens when we effectively remove it?
wondering this also! I have a livernois kit sitting around not installed.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The MMR lockout can be installed on either side of the phaser, meaning you can choose to maximize torque, or maximize HP, unfortunately you cannot have both which is what the factory system gives you when they are working properly. Most customers set them to maximize HP.

Users who are viewing this thread