3V "Aluminator" engine parts - Mint condition

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Recently acquired a low mile 3V engine which I believe was a prototype for Ford, or of the FRPP M-6009-463V short block. Kept the aluminum block, but getting rid of the "small" stuff...

This engine looks to have only dyno time on it or if it was used, it was only for a few thousand miles maybe. Everything is clean and in great shape - just thought there are guys out there that could use some of these things. Whatever I don't sell will just get donated to a local salvage yard, so thought I would check here first.

The pistons all look nice, but the rods appear to need a light honing (no idea why). All the pistons also have what I think is the weight in grams written underneath - all between 186-195. There is also some carbon buildup around the top land, but I assume that is normal. The pictures stink, but I can get better ones if necessary.

P1020741.gif

P1020740.gif

Crank looks good, but I'll probably just scrap it unless someone really needs it.

P1020738.jpg

P1020739.gif

Have the oil pan, oil pump, oil pump pickup, oil cooler adapter, crank damper, knock sensors, and water pump. Open to any offers or I'll cart everything off soon.

P1020752.gif

Last edited:

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Honestly, I don't know. Everything is stock 3V, and my knowledge of the internals are limited. I wanted just the block and didn't care about all the other items.

Black/CS

Established Member
My bad, I thought this was an "Aluminator" engine. If they are stock 3v then they're not forged. The rods are the weakest part of these 3v's. Thanks:beer:

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
My bad, I thought this was an "Aluminator" engine. If they are stock 3v then they're not forged. The rods are the weakest part of these 3v's. Thanks:beer:

Yeah, the "Aluminator" block is the same in the 3V as it is in the FRPP motors, which is why I bought this short-block. Since I have no need for all the internals, I just figured I would see if anyone needed OEM 3V parts. No great loss - I can haul the stuff to the local scrap yard.

Users who are viewing this thread