3rd brake light ?

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Remove the 2 screws and then wiggle it out. It gets hung up on the spoiler a bit.

Phil04Cobra

Aluminator Cobra
Established Member
Don't tug on the ends out close to the screw holes , it will break . When you put it back in , don't over tighten the screws and it should be fine . I just changed mine recently . They aren't cheap if you have to buy them new .

Daywalker

Established Member
Mine just went out, are there bulbs or something to replace or am I stuck paying $200 for a new one???

Jefe

Established Member
Yep body shop broke mine taking it out. Both ends broke off

gamebred26

Established Member
put some jb weld behind the tabs...thicken it up and make it stronger...also don't over tighten it...

Daywalker

Established Member
Well, my brand new $200 freakin brake light showed up last night in three pieces! I guess that thing really is as fragile as everyone says it is...:mj::cryying::(

Daywalker

Established Member
whaaat....

Yeop, American Muscle was pretty awesome though actually. I figured they'd tell me to kick rocks, take it up with UPS but they emailed me a return slip immedietely and shipped out a new one as soon as the UPS store scanned the return tag, with free two-day air at that. I'm still kinda shocked, hopefully this one will be in one piece...

Zemedici

Established Member
Yeop, American Muscle was pretty awesome though actually. I figured they'd tell me to kick rocks, take it up with UPS but they emailed me a return slip immedietely and shipped out a new one as soon as the UPS store scanned the return tag, with free two-day air at that. I'm still kinda shocked, hopefully this one will be in one piece...

AM's customer service is on par, except for the fact I was looking for parts a month ago, and PMed 2 different vendors on the forum and never got a response :shrug:

+1 on hoping new one is in one piece! fingers crossed for ya :)

Daywalker

Established Member
Well this one showed up in one piece thankfully, wish me luck with the install...

Daywalker

Established Member
Ok so, turns out the only reason why the original one was out is because it wasn't plugged in all the way:rollseyes. By time I realized this, I already had it half-way out and had broken the tab off of the right side. I was much more careful installing the new one and it works great. My question is, is the old one worth anything with a broken tab? I mean, it still works, nothing a little crazy glue couldn't fix if someone really needed one and didn't feel like spending $200.....

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
There is a write up floating around in the how-to about epoxying it back together and making it nice.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread