3m

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
3M Products are great.

However the product will not determine the outcome with an inexperienced user. Depends on HOW he's going to apply them and how well he understands/knows how to yield the best results with the given products.

3M has their professional line, that is wonderful in total; then they have the over the counter "performance finish" stuff. The Perf. Finish stuff, when applied by hand, you can't screw it up, though you won't do much for swirl removal in total, it will make the car look nice.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
1) Make sure he uses NEW, CLEAN pads

2) If you trust your brother and thinks he KNOWS and UNDERSTANDS what he's doing with a rotary; ok.

3) There's nothing wrong with 3M products unto themselves.

I know it's family, but just because he "works at a detail shop" doesn't make him competent. Not saying that he isn't; I'm just encouraging you to ensure that he knows what he's doing/how to do it and that you understand what can happen if he doesn't.

Personally I wouldn't use the glaze and I would want to see the car in it's raw, final-polished state after an alcohol (just rubbing alcohol) wipedown. The 3M Glaze is awesome at covering up holograms, faint burns (very faint) and other ills that can be left behind. So what happens if he uses it and send you out the door all happy?....Well in a couple of weeks and a few washing later you start seeing all the swirls "come back" seemingly worse than ever as the glaze wears off. Now, if he does a good job; then no worries.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread