3M Cleaner wax is GOD!

Ok so I've had this spot on my car for a longgggg time on the front panel above the tire. Its a nasty a$$ spot, it looks like its always dirty. Anywayz, I bought this stuff called 3M cleaner wax about 8 months ago to try and take it off, no luck. Well today I've had some extra time on my hands and decided...what the hell, I'll try it again. Well I put all my strength into the swabbing action and voila, that crap is slowly coming off. I'm extremely happy right now, that spot has bugged the hell outta me for over a year. I've only gotten about 3 inchs of it off so far, about 10 more inchs to go, kinda tired though :sleeping: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: :pepper:

Yea, it was nasty, I'll try and take a picture with my camera phone, there is a little bit left. I was about to pay someone to take that crap off this christmas break...OH well:D

edit: too much of a glare to take a picture :shrug:

Last edited:
update. I got almost all the stuff off, about an inch is left, but bad news is that it appears to be that someone over-sprayed that part where it was hazed. There was a deep scratch on 1 part, and as I scrubbed, it turned into a white/yellow color. I'm taking it to my neighbors shop tomorrow where they specialize in paint/body, hopefully he can help me out:(

doubletrouble

The Mad Scientist
Established Member
If white/yellow is coming through it sounds like the yellow primer they use on the bumpers from the factory. You're prolly buffing that bia to the bare. Do you go to UTSA by the way? I always see this guy with a Black 98. Anyway Im in SA too, and I go to UTSA. We should meet up sometime and go to the track or car shows at Pigstand Downtown or just cruise. I know for shure there are a couple more Cobras(terminators) at UTSA. Met one of them before. Anyway if you do go to UTSA and you dont have a garage or tools to work on your snake I got one. Im more than happy to let peeps come over and help them work on their rides, as long as its a FORD!

Last edited:
Yea it turned out that the previous owner did fugg it up. My neighbor works at a collision center here in San Antonio, a really good one at that, he fixed right up for me, looks brand new:D

Users who are viewing this thread