3L Turbo Contour

SpookSVT

Established Member
I know a few of you have been following BurritaSVT's buildup. He just got his new turbo on and took it out for a spin. Unfortunately it tossed a rod bearing due to the oil being too thin and it couldn't support the heavy loads being put on it (~450wtq & 7400RPM). I thought I'd just post it up for him. Here he is melting tires in 4th gear.

http://videos.streetfire.net/comment/0/7d11a7bd-384c-4ce6-9667-98a1000d2006.htm

zx3focus

Established Member
DrZacharyus said:
doesnt seem like that much power the first two gears...im guessing he has a EBC so he doesnt blow off the tires

That or hes just rolling into the gas. No need to blow the tires off.

SpookSVT

Established Member
DrZacharyus said:
doesnt seem like that much power the first two gears...im guessing he has a EBC so he doesnt blow off the tires

He has the Turbo XS BTEC (or whatever it's called), I don't know if he has it hooked up yet. He's not going anywhere because he's not in the throttle. One of his traction problems is that he's geared so high, 4.06 ring gear on top of a trans setup for a lowly N/A 2.5L making ~150ft-lbs.

He should move to the 3.82 final drive that's available and get some summer tires, if he can hook up all in 3rd that car would actually be some fun. I'm setting mine up that way but am only going for 400whp, nothing compared to what his car was making. 1st and probably 2nd are going to be useless but I like doing some road racing as well.

Users who are viewing this thread