3L SVT Contour

1slosvt

Established Member
Awesome man! Sure you're glad to have gotten that thing back together. What kind of numbers do they usually put out with a 3L?

SVTContique

yea, you take a 3L out of a taurus or a Escape, and then use the SVT Cams and UIM (or not) and throw i in, bolts directly to the MTX-75.

Cars normally make around 200whp with no mods.

Sounds good man, open headers are CRAZY

maniak87

All Nutz
Established Member
sweet! get some vids out on the road! around how much does it cost? i am framiliar with the swap i just never knew how much it is to do.

RHSPJETER64

Established Member
Very cool, I've never really like Contours but I'm not meaning to take anything away from your car. Looks like a very nice project.

SpookSVT

Established Member
This motor is just a basic swap, moreless a transition motor as I'm doing another swap using some hotter cams and some major headwork along w/ alot of revs for some mean N/A power later.

If I got it tuned it could make a little over 200whp and TQ right behind. It's hard to get real big numbers w/ these motors just because it's a dead platform w/ the scarcist aftermarket. But there are a few boosted ones making well over 350whp. The most powerful SVT yet put out 401whp and 380wtq w/ the smaller 2.5L and smoked a C5 Z06. There are alot more up and coming boosted 3L's coming out soon.

The motor is a revised "oval port" 3L duratec out of a taurus, very common swap among our crowd as it virtualy bolts in. The block is externally the same almost just a larger bore. The SHO motor is totally different and a motor would be costly.

My swap has just the SVT manifolds and headers nothin else. I'm saving my SVT cams for the next motor I have planned.

Power under the curve is what these engines really shine at so that's what I'm emphisizing on.

Maniak: My swap was just a basic rebuild and cost me ~$800. Go to CEG and there is a stickie on how to do your own and what parts you'll want to get. I also had my tranny redone w/ BB shifter forks, LSD, taller FD which is getting changed back to stock for the next motor, and some other misc. parts plus a beefier clutch for later FI. That added to the cost but for just the engine rebuild and swap it should be under $1000 if you do it yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread