3d Printed pistons....This is the way....

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Derrick on VGG pronounces it right...but I didn't realize it wasn't a Derrickism until you just stated the facts.
Details? I just wasted good money on a speaker box that mounts to the back door and threw a Sundown Audio 10" in it and it sounded like shit. Put my Wife's 10" ported box back in.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Details? I just wasted good money on a speaker box that mounts to the back door and threw a Sundown Audio 10" in it and it sounded like shit. Put my Wife's 10" ported box back in.

Does the speaker box have enough volume (cubic feet of air space) for the sub? If the box is too small, then it will sound like complete hell. What I made is custom to my Jeep.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
It was "said" to have been made custom to the speaker I had. I gave him the model number to the Sundown I bought for her.

CompOrange04

Just livin the dream...
Established Member
;)

Nothing in my head yet. But the subwoofer mount worked like a charm. I was actually shocked, and I have a list of people wanting me to make sets for them in the JL Wrangler community.
Where did I miss a subwoofer mount for a Wrangler LOL (I have a JK so probably isn't close to the same anyhow)

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
It was "said" to have been made custom to the speaker I had. I gave him the model number to the Sundown I bought for her.

If you have the box dimensions and speaker model number I can find out for you...

Where did I miss a subwoofer mount for a Wrangler LOL (I have a JK so probably isn't close to the same anyhow)

Not even close unfortunately. I used the same enclosure, but the JL is deeper than the Alpine sub, and the mounting holes for the Alpine are bespoke to the design that Jeep gave them. So I had to design a mount that would bring the sub out 260mm.

This is the JL next to the OE Alpine "speaker". I call it a speaker because it did nothing that a sub does...lol.
JL vs Alpine.jpg

This is the Stock enclosure with no mount. You can see that there are 4 sets of two mounting bolt holes...Which lines up with nothing else on the market.
Enclosure with no mount.jpg

This is the JL Audio 10W1V3-2 installed in the enclosure with the 3d Printed mount. (Printed out of PETG for strength and environmental resistance.)
Installed.jpg

And finally, back into the Jeep it goes...
In place.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread