393 with YSi almost complete

393Bird

Seniors Gone Wild
Established Member
I have been working on this project car for a few years, and the last major item is the Vortech YSi. The SC install is complete, and only have the carb enclosure left. I mocked it up this weekend to see if I needed any thing else, and took a few shots.

boxon7jh3.jpg

boxon8np3.jpg

boxinscoopsv8.jpg

You can see the top of the enclosure through the scoop.

I have a couple of needed parts coming, and hope to fire it this weekend.

I ordered a wideband O2 unit to keep every thing under control, and will switch over to E85 once any kinks are worked out. After on E85, will up the boost.

393Bird

Seniors Gone Wild
Established Member
Thanks. I will get some audio and vids when completed. I have a few parts coming to complete it, including a Wideband O2 unit to keep every thing in line.

QUOTE=Whizzle]What rpm are you gonna spin the blower to?[/QUOTE]

I have 3 different pulleys for it. Will start off slow, and get things sorted out. Once every thing is good, I will convert the car over to E85, then spin it up to 15-20 psi.

393Bird

Seniors Gone Wild
Established Member
It is completed, and is a BLAST to drive.

belton4.jpg

I think I now have a car that has more power than I have balls. :)

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
What kind of power are you making?

I made 747/644 at 14 psi with my 408/ysi, I am about to crank it up to 25 psi once I get the block re-freshed and get Cometic head gaskets...:beer:

Nice choice on the setup...

393Bird

Seniors Gone Wild
Established Member
No dyno yet, but I am looking about 700. Once I get any kinks worked out, I plan to convert to E85, then up the boost. I wanted to have it on E85 by NMRA Bowling Green, but not going to make it on time.

Users who are viewing this thread