%^&*(^% !!!!!!

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Driving home from the St Pete Grand Prix today i got me a nice big ole rock chip in my windshield!!!!!:cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

anyone know what i am lookin at for a repair bill??? can't go to the track with a windshield chip

I hate florida...in the year i have lived here, my Drivers side window took a crap, my A/c died, i ran over a chunk of tire that flew off a truck, and now the rock chip in the windshield.... florida hates my poor cobra

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
theres little shops that do windsheild repair if its not spidered up. I think to fill it, it will cost you around a hundred bucks or less

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
ShortThrow50 said:
theres little shops that do windsheild repair if its not spidered up. I think to fill it, it will cost you around a hundred bucks or less

the chip i about the sixe of a dime with small cracks in every direction

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
I almost positive it is still fixable. Those repair shops are everywhere. Call one of your local body shops and ask them where the nearest one is

mviars

Established Member
I was just about to say that. In fl insurance does pay as long as it hender viewing as im sure that it does or will shortly after you tap it a little harder before they replace. I have seen some window places take care of everything like comming to you and taking care of dealing with your ins. people(I think it was safelite or autolite something like that). Hell a while back one place was even giving away free frozen Omaha stakes with a replacement.

Oh and it usually does not raise your Ins. either unless your are replacing all the time.

DC97Cobra

Established Member
mviars said:
I was just about to say that. In fl insurance does pay as long as it hender viewing as im sure that it does or will shortly after you tap it a little harder before they replace. I have seen some window places take care of everything like comming to you and taking care of dealing with your ins. people(I think it was safelite or autolite something like that). Hell a while back one place was even giving away free frozen Omaha stakes with a replacement.

Oh and it usually does not raise your Ins. either unless your are replacing all the time.

+1 and it is Safelite. Give them a call. The wait might be a few days but they will come to your house or place of business and replace the winshield with the insurance companies money.

MIKEC501

Established Member
yep i had one of mine done they came to my job and replaced it at no charge to me. just push on the chip a little bit and it will grow.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Careful, Safelite doesn't use OEM quality windshields... And if they repair your chip, you'll still notice where it was. So if it's right in a spot that bothers you might want new glass.

Last edited:

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Most insurance places will replace it for free. I had the windshield in my old 91 GT replaced after we got a rock chip about the size of what you are describing.

hawkti

Established Member
Double"O" said:
the chip i about the sixe of a dime with small cracks in every direction

you can buy a repair kit at a parts place for that as well. Something small like that is nothing, but you better do it soon because if it spreads then you are fooked.

Last edited:

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
ShortThrow50 said:
dont you guys have deductables?

The state of Florida requires a free windshield replacement no cost to you.

It can't increase your rates or hurt your policy in any way.

Apparently KY is the same.

Users who are viewing this thread