#3751 New buy with photos...

93SVTeric

Established Member
Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:53 pm Post subject: #3751
I just purchased #3751

Blk/Blk cloth w/ 24,912 miles on the clock.

I bought the car from a guy in Spring, TX (3rd owner)...he had purchased the car from a guy in VA off ebay about 2 years ago who was the 2nd owner of car. He had found the car in a barn in VA and offered the lady who owned it at the time just $4k for the car with 21xxx miles on it and she sold it to him, her husband had passed away and it was his. The car is flawless...not a scratch and the interior in one of the nicest I have seen!

here are some pics

cobra1.jpg

cobra4-1.jpg

cobra2.jpg

cobra5.jpg

cobra4.jpg

cobra3.jpg

Its in the garage awaiting multiple things....
Cobra chrome replica wheels
Nitto 555s & Drags
Eibach Pro Kit w/CC kit
Vortech Supercharger
Fluydine Radiator
Red Top Optima
Ford Racing 9mm wires

got started last night....:burnout:

IMG_2416.jpg

93SVTeric

Established Member
Good stuff! What are the specs on the blower?

Vortech V-3 SCi-Trim

I have a questions about my shifter. For some reason I think my car has a GT shifter in it, didnt Cobras come with a short throw??

Either way I want to get another shifter any advice on what to go with...wana keep factory knob and boot.

fastford21g

Gear Head
Established Member
I think the GT and the Cobra have the same shifter?
If you are going to go aftermarket - I really like my Hurst shor throw.

I would love to throw a v3-sci at my Cobra. What are the power expectations with that kit?

buddha93

Established Member
I see you made it over here too. Welcome aboard.

Didn't know you were tossing a blower on it.............cool. Is it the base kit, or HO? Buddy has one on his Limited vert and made close to 500rwhp with a TFS HCI setup.

Cobra got the same shifter as any other 5.0. Any aftermarket shifter will be a huge improvement. I've had a Hurst, Steeda, and a Pro 5.0, and like them all. Actually, I have a Pro 5.0 base with a Steeda handle on my car right now....like the slightly different handle Steeda has. I use the OEM knob.

The MGM shifter seems to be the hot shifter the last few years and has the most adjustments of the bunch.

93SVTeric

Established Member
Last night I got everything buttoned up and the car running. The car is all stock except it has a aftermarket ECM cause the stock one failed. The car runs fine but I think it definitely could use a tune. Anyone recommend anyone specific in the Houston area?

buddha93

Established Member
You plan on keeping the FMU setup?

If you take it any where for a tune, more than likely you'll be looking at a chip, MAF, and larger injectors.

BrettT 93|03

93 & 03 Cobra Venom
Established Member
Real nice car. Love the blk on blk.
Have to agree with [cobra0393]. With only 25k miles on this car. It would of been hard for me to mod it also. I had a hard enough time to get myself to lower my nearly all orginal 150k mile TEAL. However, I would except or wouldn't mind one that was modded nicely already. Just couldn't do it myself.

WillyB93

Established Member
Real nice car. Love the blk on blk.
Have to agree with [cobra0393]. With only 25k miles on this car. It would of been hard for me to mod it also. I had a hard enough time to get myself to lower my nearly all orginal 150k mile TEAL. However, I would except or wouldn't mind one that was modded nicely already. Just couldn't do it myself.

x 2 with Brett, this is a really nice car, I was real tempted to buy this one also when I was searching for one. Congrats on the purchase!! :rockon:

93SVTeric

Established Member
Well I dont mind doing to mods I am doing cause they are all easily reversible and I kept every nut, bolt and part off the car. I love this car more than any other I have owned and dont really plan on selling it and if I do I dont really think having a 4-5psi blower would mess with the value of the car to much considering its one of the nicest blk/blk Cobras I have seen in a long time.

I will get some pics up later today when I get the chrome replica wheels on it.

kcp203

Established Member
What did you pay for it? I'm asking only because I'm thinking of selling my 28k mile red/grey car and I'd like to get an idea where the market is right now

WillyB93

Established Member
What did you pay for it? I'm asking only because I'm thinking of selling my 28k mile red/grey car and I'd like to get an idea where the market is right now

^^ Is it a gray cloth sunroof car? Any mods?

buddha93

Established Member
I'd like to get an idea where the market is right now

All over the place.

Cloth is a bonus, and the stocker, the better.

If it's a really nicely maintained car, meets the above criteria, needs nothing , and has led a garaged life, shoot for mid teens and see if you get any interest.

kcp203

Established Member
Grey cloth, no sunroof. Also, bone stock, and I'm the original owner. Got a all original documentation and everything saved including the original oil filter and ignition wires. Only mod is intake silencer removed (and saved) and a k&n. Also have extra set of NOS opal grey mats as well as a lot of other NOS cobra parts.

Can't really decide if I want to let it go though. I've been thinking about it for the last 3 or 4 years but haven't been able to go through with it.

buddha93

Established Member
Grey cloth, no sunroof. Also, bone stock, and I'm the original owner. Got a all original documentation and everything saved including the original oil filter and ignition wires. Only mod is intake silencer removed (and saved) and a k&n. Also have extra set of NOS opal grey mats as well as a lot of other NOS cobra parts.

Can't really decide if I want to let it go though. I've been thinking about it for the last 3 or 4 years but haven't been able to go through with it.

Definitely go go high teens then if you decide to sell. It has all the best selling points. Original owner, stock, cloth, low mileage.....you sound a bit anal.....LOL!

But seriously, your car is the type a lot of guys are looking for. Sounds really nice. Post up some pics if you get a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread