370-hp N/A 5.0L 302! The Boss is Back!

Mr. Dave

NOTCH U!!!!!
Established Member
dirtchicken said:
Nice, 370 flywheel horsepower and 4000 pounds. :nonono:

And 50,000 for it!!!!! :eek: I understand it will be a limited production run but I would buy a old zo6, 03-04 corba, or f-body, for half price or a c6 and have a faster car than this car. Again too heavy

redline360

Established Member
Well ill give credit to ford, they can build some heavy ass pigs of a car

Seancass

HELLACIOUS
Established Member
i agree that car should be 1000 lbs lighter, but of the aftermarket cars coming out, i really like the looks of this one. much cleaner. still, they should not have made frame solid bars, or the body panels 1/2 thick or whatever trick they did to make it so freaking heavy.

hmmmidunno

BANNED !!!!!!!!!!
Seancass said:
i agree that car should be 1000 lbs lighter, but of the aftermarket cars coming out, i really like the looks of this one. much cleaner. still, they should not have made frame solid bars, or the body panels 1/2 thick or whatever trick they did to make it so freaking heavy.

quiet steel frame construction and in door insulation. more asthetics in the interior. longer frame. that is also stronger.

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
No shit I am so damn tired of hearing everyone complain like babies about the weight. :nonono: The car looks great.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
My Lawnmower would outrun it for a bit :dw:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Where are you people getting this 4,000lb :bs: from? The GT500 has a curb weight of 3920, this car with an al block and no s/c will be lighter than that.

FYI, the Saleen E which has virtually the same setup has a curb weight of 3550.

http://www.saleen.com/s281_e_specs.htm

svtcontour

Established Member
2-slow said:
No shit I am so damn tired of hearing everyone complain like babies about the weight. :nonono: The car looks great.

Great so a brand new 50K special mustang will have trouble with a stock 89LX which has a gear and some punched catalytic converters and a little timing. Nice. Looks great though...as everyone points and laughs at the slow pig.

IMO ford has dropped the ball so much on the mustang that its not funny. Every year its getting fatter and fatter to fit the corporate asses that run the company. I shoulda kept my 86 5.0. Was the last body style (foxes) that was cheap, light and fun.

If I dont find a clean fox again, my next fun car will definitly be a light and nimble import. I dont care if it costs a fortune to fix, at least it will be enjoyable tossing it around. 3rd gen RX7 or first/second gen M3. I'd consider a vette too because its reasonable in weight.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread