3650 to built T45 swap questions

XXWildCoyoteXX

Established Member
I am looking to doing this swap here soon. Having the opportunity to acquire a fully built t45 from a 01 gt.
Now ive done my searching and found a few posts, but no one actually said what is needed to be done or modified.
I am here to find out what is all needed to complete this swap.
By the way it will be going into a 04 mach 1 if that helps yall out at all.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
The only parts needed are a Speed-Cal to calibrate your speed, shifter, clutch, and possibly the drive shaft. Otherwise it should be fairly plug and play. Different year T45's are different, but if it came out of a '01 GT I am going to assume the rear transmission mount is in the right spot.

LMR has some good brief summaries on the differences in transmissions throughout the years.

XXWildCoyoteXX

Established Member
The only parts needed are a Speed-Cal to calibrate your speed, shifter, clutch, and possibly the drive shaft. Otherwise it should be fairly plug and play. Different year T45's are different, but if it came out of a '01 GT I am going to assume the rear transmission mount is in the right spot.

LMR has some good brief summaries on the differences in transmissions throughout the years.

Yea, I was reading somewhere that they said you had to get a speed-cal for calibrating.
The driveshaft that much different then a 3650 shaft, as in length?

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Yea, I was reading somewhere that they said you had to get a speed-cal for calibrating.
The driveshaft that much different then a 3650 shaft, as in length?

I really don't know. Depends on how long the T45 is compared to the 3650. I would imagine it is different, but that just means trading driveshafts with the guy or buying one for a mustang that came with that t45 originally.

Edit: the output shaft on the T45 could be different as well. I am not sure.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread