351W 100 shot Foxbody vs. GT40 Built 1st Gen Talon + BONUS DAYTIME RACE FOOTAGE!

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
Made a run today with a built 1st gen talon, the mods are in the vid, those of which I remember. He was cool, but he got the car running 3 weeks ago and didn't have any seat time in it as apparent on the first race.

In all fairness 17psi on a built 9,000rpm Gt40 turboed motor is a waste.. @ 25-30+ psi that car would be well into the 130-140 range I would think.

The Bonus race was to settle my boy SHIT TALKING my slow ass winter beater/weekend driver 94 grand cherokee 5 spd.... I had to let him know whos boss..

Not bad for barking 3rd @ 55mph for a factory stock 4000lb truck with prolly 150whp.

DISCLAIMER: SORRY FOR THE LANGUAGE.. My girl gets kinda excited when we race and talks ghetto.

[ame="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Gt40-Built-Talon-vs-351W_166743.htm"]Gt40 Built Talon vs. 351W N20 Foxbody + MORE! - Video[/ame]

Dirtykuffar

Resident Hick.
Established Member
LMAO. I thought stratus would have put up a better fight......wait till the charger comes back! Dead stop!

Billy177

Established Member
LMAO. I thought stratus would have put up a better fight......wait till the charger comes back! Dead stop!
I got a 30 rack of beer saying that my 300D Mercedes would whoop your charger.
Dan where is the race between the scion and the stratus? Kinda pissed I missed last nights races seemed like a good night.

foreverpsycotic

Resident Supra 0wner
Established Member
Sucks about the clutch, and you didnt get the dig run in the vid, with the horrible clutch sounds?

BTW, if anyone complains about the vid, its my fault for the pulls against the talon. Never been in a nitrous car before, and was not ready for the hit.

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
I thought they only made 5-spd GC's in 93?

Actually I didn't know they made them at all until my boss' sister told me she had one for sale.. In which I was embarrassed because I told her they didn't make them like that.

A quick google search turns out they only made the in 93 and 94... Very rare because mine was the first I ever heard of.

I got a 30 rack of beer saying that my 300D Mercedes would whoop your charger.
Dan where is the race between the scion and the stratus? Kinda pissed I missed last nights races seemed like a good night.

Haha 3 way in the Jeep.. Charger gives 1 and the hit to Merc, and I give 1 and the hit to the Charger!

Sucks about the clutch, and you didnt get the dig run in the vid, with the horrible clutch sounds?

BTW, if anyone complains about the vid, its my fault for the pulls against the talon. Never been in a nitrous car before, and was not ready for the hit.

You did good... The clutch should be fine.. I adjusted the cable all the way in (its at max adjustment, and pedal is back) However, the trans gotta come out to fix either that fork or T/O bearing.. Sounds like a teacher scraping nails on a chalkboard LOL!

foreverpsycotic

Resident Supra 0wner
Established Member
You did good... The clutch should be fine.. I adjusted the cable all the way in (its at max adjustment, and pedal is back) However, the trans gotta come out to fix either that fork or T/O bearing.. Sounds like a teacher scraping nails on a chalkboard LOL!

I got $$ on the TO.

When you dropping the tranny, I got some time thursday or friday, just supply some beer and we are good to go.

Talus

LookingThroughAWideAngle
Established Member
and it's down for the count. should get it up and running for next weekend. I'll be down and i'll bring my Nikon.

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
and it's down for the count. should get it up and running for next weekend. I'll be down and i'll bring my Nikon.

Parts are ordered and my boys taking the tranny out today. Itll be running for next tuesdays races.

no one fawks with the jeep

:banana: I might have to go up against my DD TC with the Jeep. But I dunno I've ran 15's in it I think I might need more than a driver mod. Ill start to add some comical daytime vids to the end of some of my races. :beer:

end of video. LMAO

Its no L but it gets me out of tight spots.

89boostingirl

Established Member
nice to see its going to fixed to next week should i tell my friend to make the match for next week then. you know who i am talking about :p

Users who are viewing this thread