350z vs foxbody

90_red_lx

ASLOW50
Established Member
Was making my late night trip through town the other night looking to play when I spotted a 350z in town so I changed lanes got by it and gooched it a touch to see if he was game. Followed me through town and I got on the highway a little aggressive to see if he would catch up. He did, made our way through traffic, which he got by me since I had to wait to make a safe pass. Started pacing him in 4th gear around 70ish, right before my powerband kicks in, and waited...and waited....mashed the gas a little (around 2/3-3/4 maybe) and was wondering when he was gonna go. Looked down at my speedo and we were running around 100 so I said if hes not in it now hes not gonna play. Nailed it, babied 5th due to the ailing syncrho and still went by him pretty good with my o/d gear. Probably went from a car and a half back to a 3 car lead by 130 from 100 when I kicked it. Tried again, about the same thing but I had to let off early. I really wanted to get down to my 2nd or 3rd gear though, those are my two strong gears. 4th pulls good too but 5th isn't a good one. Oh well, maybe next time I can get one from a dig.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Damn man 100mph, I slow down to find out if someone is interested. Nice kill

chucknorris289

Established Member
I raced my buddies 350z in my hci hatch a few times...from a dig I would pull 2 or 3 cars on him in 1st and 2nd, and he just couldn't keep up, but then we raced from a 55ish roll with my in 3rd and I beat him my maybe 1/2 a car all the way up to 120... His car has just a few bolt ons, pretty quick for a NA 6 cyl though...

90_red_lx

ASLOW50
Established Member
This car had to be stock and probably an automatic. I also assume he was in it when I was pedaling by the way we were picking up speed. Just my car is very loud when it's turned up and I sure as hell wouldn't hear a stock 350z. As soon as the hammer was dropped though it was over quick.

Users who are viewing this thread