350Z run...

Stangfreek

Premium Unleaded Member
Established Member
One of the few times I actually let it go on the street a little bit, had a good, although short run, with a nice 350Z this afternoon...

Leaving my place after lunch, heading back to work, a nice looking 350 turns left in front of me at a 4 way stop. He steps on it a little, it was VERY loud, so I know he had some mods at least. Kind of a dark burgundy, badges removed, deep dish gold wheels. Car actually looked nice and clean.

I figured he might up for something so I hang back a little as we're going through town, and give it a little gas up behind him when we clear out of town a bit. Sure enough, get a perfectly timed light. I look over and smile, but can't see if he's willing to go through the tint. So the light changes and I roll out slow until I hear him hit it. He's about at my door through first as I'm sliding and feathering the throttle. Hit the rev limiter at the top of first (I'll explain in a bit), shift to second, and pretty quick put about 2 or 3 cars on him through second, spinning like usual. Needs me some DR's...

Now, here's the annoying part. As we're rolling out, this douchebag on some sort of larger Harley comes around me IN THE BIKE LANE and swerves in front of me, which ****ed up my concentration, causing me to hit the rev limiter. Then I had to let off at the top of second because I was about to run up that piece of shit bikes ass end. What is it with so many goddamn Harley riders that they think those stinky loud ass cruisers are actually fast? I swear I would've ran his stupid ass over in about two more seconds. Idiot. I guess that's just why I don't run on the street usually.

Anyway, we get on the freeway, and the dude in the 350 gave me a thumbs up and wave. Cool kid.

Harley ***? You suck shitbird.

By the way, my mods are K&N FPIK, Bassani catback, Steeda 2.81 upper and tensioner.

MACH1PB

Established Member
nice race bro. I never had the chance to run with one of those yet but I hear you about the harley. It would of been a slaughter anyways if you had the room.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Same sh*t happens here with Harley riders, they think because their bike is loud it's fast, it's akin to the ricer mentality somewhat.

slo-poc

SKYNET 03
Established Member
I raced a guy on a v-rod..after I smoked him..he said" I though I was gonna kill you, wow that car is fast" then I told him mine is slow in the cobra world..silly Harley boy....

Last edited:

Juruense

Banned
I raced a 350Z at lunch the other day, it was fun. He lost of course but he was cool about it. They are nice cars and seem to be generally owned by decent guys.

DVan8504

Established Member
sounds like maybe a single or twin turbo setup on low boost or a s/c with quite a few other mods, or maybe just a large shot. definitely not just bolt-ons. good run.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Stangfreek said:
this douchebag on some sort of larger Harley comes around me IN THE BIKE LANE and swerves in front of me, which ****ed up my concentration, causing me to hit the rev limiter. Then I had to let off at the top of second because I was about to run up that piece of shit bikes ass end.

Had a similar thing happen to me a while ago with a Harley rider. Had to let off the gas before I bumped his rear tire.

Not smart on his part.

Stangfreek

Premium Unleaded Member
Established Member
DVan8504 said:
sounds like maybe a single or twin turbo setup on low boost or a s/c with quite a few other mods, or maybe just a large shot. definitely not just bolt-ons. good run.

I'm pretty sure he wasn't highly modded. He was next to me only when I was spinning in first at part throttle, when I hooked a little bit I pulled away pretty fast in a short period of time. The race was only about 10 seconds long...

DVan8504

Established Member
Stangfreek said:
I'm pretty sure he wasn't highly modded. He was next to me only when I was spinning in first at part throttle, when I hooked a little bit I pulled away pretty fast in a short period of time. The race was only about 10 seconds long...

It sounded like he kept within a decnet distance of you which is why I'm saying he had more than bolt-ons. Could be wrong, but the way you described the story I'd say he was packing some sort of FI.

Stangfreek

Premium Unleaded Member
Established Member
DVan8504 said:
It sounded like he kept within a decnet distance of you which is why I'm saying he had more than bolt-ons. Could be wrong, but the way you described the story I'd say he was packing some sort of FI.

I think 2-3 cars through second isn't hanging very well. With a decent launch and a clean run it would have been really ugly.

5litericeater

93notch
Established Member
Stangfreek said:
that piece of shit bikes ass end. What is it with so many goddamn Harley riders that they think those stinky loud ass cruisers are actually fast? I swear I would've ran his stupid ass over in about two more seconds. Idiot. I guess that's just why I don't run on the street usually.

Harley ***? You suck shitbird.

QUOTE]

+1, Harley riders think thier shit dont stink, they havnt realized yet that a 60hp bike that weighs 800lbs isnt fast.

Users who are viewing this thread