350z kill

Poisoned Pony

The Mach that Rocks
Established Member
so, cruising home for lunch (fast food sucks after awhile), I'm sitting at the light, blasting some Metallica. Road is a 3 lane in each direction, except the far right lane merges into the center lane after this light. I'm in the left lane, an Escalade in the center and currently I can't see what's in the right lane. The light goes green and I leave like I normally do, but I hear this car just opening it up and what do I spy but a silver 350z getting on it to merge to the center lane. We mad eye contact and he floors it. Instantly my face went from :eek: to
u7.gif
. I floored it, hit 2nd at 7 grand and mashed the carpet again and roared past him to announce that it's on. We bolt to the next light to watch the last of the turn lane go. I knew it was about to go green, so I revved up alittle as he did the same. Green light hits and I bolt off the line, murdering my pathetic stock replacment clutch. I rowed through the gears, pulling and pulling on him til I shut it down somewhere north of 110mph (speedometer is off, need a new speedo gear). I looked at the passenger window, didn't see him. Looked in the rear view and there he was, 5 lengths back and staying there. No thumbs up, no chit chat, no "hey, nice run". Just staying back there. Guess it sucks when a 6 year old Cobra can still kick some new model ass :-D

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
I saw one for the first time the other day, I though it was an Audi TT at first! BTW,,,nice kill!! Hope to see you at Apex on dyno day!

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I see more of the G35 coupes than I see of the 350Zs. I like its looks and I think when they produce a Twin Turbo version that will be a fast car. But the 280BHP it has is quick, just not fast:)

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Just yesterday I had one jump me on the access road. We were yielding to the offramp and I think he thought I was gonna pass him to get to the on ramp. He nailed it at about 30, I downshifted to second and it took a beat to catch him, then I walked him pretty good in the upper RPMs in second, it seemed quicker than I would have thought, but I wasn't really ready...:-D He did give a thumbs up. Sounded nice and I give it a "Nice car", but I'll wait for the turbo version to give it a :thumbsup:

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Lots of show, not as much go. I have yet to play with one, most here are still on dealer's lots going for thousand or so over invoice.

Good run, always nice to humble the "hot" new import cars :)

sibs4972

Established Member
I personally get a kick out of "the drive" or whatever that damn commercial is called they keep showing in the theaters during previews. They say the photography wasn't enhanced. No surprise, I don't think the thing got too far above 45mph. All seriousness aside, all show, not much go is right :lol:

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
Wow...good kill!! :thumbsup: Those 350Z's are quick, gorgeous cars. I'm also looking forward to seeing the TT's out on the street. :eek:

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by sibs4972
I personally get a kick out of "the drive" or whatever that damn commercial is called they keep showing in the theaters during previews. They say the photography wasn't enhanced. No surprise, I don't think the thing got too far above 45mph. All seriousness aside, all show, not much go is right :lol:

See... if they used a Cobra in that intro movie... they'ed have to slow the film down so the audience could see what was going on. ;-) But they didnt want to hassle with it so they just used the 350Z.

zzzzzer

Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraBro
See... if they used a Cobra in that intro movie... they'ed have to slow the film down so the audience could see what was going on. ;-) But they didnt want to hassle with it so they just used the 350Z.
:lol: I tell ya', give an SVT owner a {SUPERCHARGER} and you can't get their head through the door...lol :thumbsup: J/K!!! :beer:

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Originally posted by zzzzzer
:lol: I tell ya', give an SVT owner a blower and you can't get their head through the door...lol :thumbsup: J/K!!! :beer:

You're giving an SVT owner a blow job??:uh oh:

WTF:nonono:

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
Ford should create a little movie like nissan did. they can show the 350Z ripping through prague.... and then the 03 cobra comes out of nowhere and blows by it and just keeps going off into the horizon leaving the camera on the 350Z.

zzzzzer

Established Member
Originally posted by FordSVTFan
You're giving an SVT owner a blow job??:uh oh:
WTF:nonono:
:eek: Wh-wh-WHAT?!! I think you're confusing me with that ricey Honda owner down the street. :nono:

You see, he's GAAYER..........Me, I'm ZZZZZER. :thumbsup: But just to be on the safe side of things, where's that darn edit button...

Last edited:

zzzzzer

Established Member
:lol: I tell ya', give an SVT owner a {SUPERCHARGER} and you can't get their head through the door...lol :thumbsup: J/K!!! :beer:

:idea: SUPERCHARGER!!!...There...That's what its been changed to. Are we all heterosexually happy now?...lol

:fm: That gosh-damn Hulk...always starting something... :-D j/k

* * Back to our regularly scheduled thread... * *

FordSVTFan

Established Member
ZZZZZer, I didnt start the fire!! You posted about giving head and now conveniently changed it to a "Supercharger" :) So how am I starting anything??

Well, okay maybe a little start
biggrin.gif

Poisoned Pony

The Mach that Rocks
Established Member

baaaah, didn't need no supercharger to kick some nissan butt :-D I had the bottle on stand by, but I didn't want to embarass him that much :burnout:

Last edited:

zzzzzer

Established Member
Originally posted by FordSVTFan
Well, okay maybe a little start
biggrin.gif
:lol: Admittance is the first step towards recovery. :thumbsup:

Poisoned Pony, I'm sure Nissan owners everywhere appreciate your restraint...lol :burnout:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread