+350 pds, 57% weight on the front

Fourcam330

Established Member
01L2Cobra said:
There is more there than just a BLOCK add up every thing else internals, the front plate, valves, cams, heads, ect. Your math is way the **** wrong uless you count in all of the other stuff!!!!

ROFL, I forgot that 4.6 3Vs don't use cams (10lbs), heads, etc. The difference in rotating assembly weight is 5lbs maybe, and the difference between front covers is negligible at best. You're wrong get over it, and find a zoom zoom zoom to drive around in circles with.

Fourcam330

Established Member
01L2Cobra said:
"What if" the Cammer gave the GT500C better weight distribution? "What if" the GT500C weighed less? "What if" the GT500C was set up with cornering in mind? Which every one of those "what if" questions are true. The GT500 wont be half the car the GT500C is when it comes to corners even the laws of physics state that. One of two things is going to have to happen for the GT500 to even attempted to be near the car the GT500C is.
1. It needs to lose several hundred pounds mostly in the front (drop the 5.4 for a 4.6 and its there)
2. A stronger SRA, even if they use the one out of the GT500C (which they won’t) it wont bee strong enough to compensate for all of the added weight.

Then Ford would be sacrificing the structural integrity of a warrantied motor for F/R weight distribution. The rest of your backasswards logic is too dumb for me to respond to.

Fourcam330

Established Member
eichisama said:
Fourcam, thanks! Would you mind explaining the following:
Teksid
WAP
NVH
Non-NVH

Thanks again!

Teksid 93-97 Mark VIII and 96-99 Cobra. The 77lb Al block is the strongest version available. Cast at Teksid in Carmagnole, Italy.
WAP (Windsor Aluminum Plant) 74lbs, and not as strong as the Teksid. This version is Fords in house Al 4.6 block. If you're making 900HP+ go with a Teksid no questions asked.
non NVH 5.4L. At 177lbs this block is nearly indestructible and dirt cheap. As I've said before I've only heard of one block ever deforming at 1434HP. Any pre '02.5 5.4L iron block is a non NVH.
NVH 5.4L 201lbs. 24lbs more iron in critical areas of the block. Ford began using these in mid 02 in their Navi's. If you're shooting for 1500HP+ with an Fe 5.4 block use his.

01L2Cobra

Banned
Fourcam330 said:
You can try but you're going to have to catch me in your POS '01 first. :poke: Go buy a Mazda.
Its called a corner and good luck going more than 35Mph around one in the GT500. I would never own a Mazda but if I did at least I would know it could out corner your precious GT500.

01L2Cobra

Banned
Fourcam330 said:
ROFL, I forgot that 4.6 3Vs don't use cams (10lbs), heads, etc. The difference in rotating assembly weight is 5lbs maybe, and the difference between front covers is negligible at best. You're wrong get over it, and find a zoom zoom zoom to drive around in circles with.
Its all the little things that you forgot to add in thats going to put it at 350 just for the engine and supercharger.

01L2Cobra

Banned
Fourcam330 said:
Then Ford would be sacrificing the structural integrity of a warrantied motor for F/R weight distribution. The rest of your backasswards logic is too dumb for me to respond to.
Do you have any idea how often Lightings are taken in for service just because of rods? They are too long and are bad about bending and breaking. The 4.6 is far more reliable under stress from a supercharger.

I am sorry but this statement is true.
01L2Cobra said:
A stronger SRA, even if they use the one out of the GT500C (which they won’t) it wont bee strong enough to compensate for all of the added weight.

Last edited:

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
I myself voted "I don't care" regarding which suspension they use. Just because someone that enjoys going fast doesn't mean they've ruled out an IRS :shrug: We need a separate poll as the info gathered from the one you're citing doesn't mean anything.

Not true. The poll is certainly meaningful in that the results show there is NO overwhelming majority (or even a slight majority) wanting an SRA over an IRS. Just because the results of the poll don't agree with what is being erroneously sold to us as the "conventional wisdom" doesn't mean it's at all invalid. Minimally, the poll results show HTT's recent dig at "IRS snobs" may have slighted over 1/3 of Cobra enthusiasts. Considering this poor attitude at SVT, if those who prefer an IRS ever want the chance of seeing one they should continue to air their views.

Fourcam330

Established Member
CobraRed01 said:
Not true. The poll is certainly meaningful in that the results show there is NO overwhelming majority (or even a slight majority) wanting an SRA over an IRS. Just because the results of the poll don't agree with what is being erroneously sold to us as the "conventional wisdom" doesn't mean it's at all invalid. Minimally, the poll results show HTT's recent dig at "IRS snobs" may have slighted over 1/3 of Cobra enthusiasts. Considering this poor attitude at SVT, if those who prefer an IRS ever want the chance of seeing one they should continue to air their views.

Regarding the scope of our discussion that poll is useless. It doesn't show those that prize HP/TQ over IRS, it just asks, SRA or IRS.

Fourcam330

Established Member
01L2Cobra said:
Do you have any idea how often Lightings are taken in for service just because of rods? They are too long and are bad about bending and breaking. The 4.6 is far more reliable under stress from a supercharger.

Who said anything about the GT500 using Lightning rods? Just because L rods fail doesn't mean a 3.55" stroke motor that uses a completely different type of rod (4340 H beam) is more durable in any regard. WTF kind of logic is that? ROFL. Stick to your Miata loving because you don't know anything about tech.

Fourcam330

Established Member
01L2Cobra said:
Its all the little things that you forgot to add in thats going to put it at 350 just for the engine and supercharger.

ROFL :rolleyes: I'll be waiting for you on earth, when you feel like resuming a logical debate based on facts, let me know.

Fourcam330

Established Member
01L2Cobra said:
Its called a corner and good luck going more than 35Mph around one in the GT500. I would never own a Mazda but if I did at least I would know it could out corner your precious GT500.

I'm sure the GT500 will come with a yellow sticker on the visor stating not to take corners over 35mph. Face it, Miata's are gay.

Fourcam330

Established Member
G. El Dorado said:
Probably the same dude who said it would have an F150 shortblock.

01L2's cousin, Miatafreak. Two down, one more left to ban :beer:

Fourcam330

Established Member
01L2Cobra said:

Holy shit, you're a Ford suspension engineer now... :bash: Put the **** back in your mouth.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Fourcam, I dont think this guy is worth our time anymore.

I atleast dont have time to prove him wrong over and over again.

Can we Ban him too, then all the trolls will be gone.

01L2Cobra

Banned
Fourcam330 said:
ROFL :rolleyes: I'll be waiting for you on earth, when you feel like resuming a logical debate based on facts, let me know.
How about you bring out all of the fact then and not just compare blocks. I want to see total weights with proof backing them up (block, internals, supercharger, intercooler, radiator, heads, cams, valves, wiring, hoses, fluids, everything) I am sure you will find the 350 when all is said and done. Till then don’t be saying there is no way it is a 350lbs difference. HTT himself said that it was now you prove him wrong.

Fourcam330

Established Member
01L2Cobra said:
How about you bring out all of the fact then and not just compare blocks. I want to see total weights with proof backing them up (block, internals, supercharger, intercooler, radiator, heads, cams, valves, wiring, hoses, fluids, everything) I am sure you will find the 350 when all is said and done. Till then don’t be saying there is no way it is a 350lbs difference. HTT himself said that it was now you prove him wrong.

There is no way in hell the GT500 blown 5.4 weighs 350lbs more, by itself, than a 4.6L 3v VCT motor. :bash:

Fourcam330

Established Member
Chris Benvie said:
Fourcam, I dont think this guy is worth our time anymore.

I atleast dont have time to prove him wrong over and over again.

Can we Ban him too, then all the trolls will be gone.

That would be the trifecta. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread