+350 pds, 57% weight on the front

AbusiveWombat

Established Member
01L2Cobra said:
You are forgetting one thing that all of those cars have that the GT500 won’t have and that is an IRS which produces less body roll. The Evo weighs around 600lbs less then the proposed weight of the next cobra and over all weight also effect how well a car can corner. As far as the Porsche goes look at all of your high end cars Ferrari Enzo 43.9/56.1, Lotus Elise 40/60, and even the Ford GT 43/57. All of those cars are known for their handling but if you look every one of them has most of their weight in the rear.

Excuse me for my suspension ingorance but why does IRS lead to less body roll? Can an SRA equipt car run heavier roll bars or stiffer suspension to overcome the body roll?

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
As much as I would like to see an IRS on this car, you have to admit, this is a pretty damn impressive debut outing!!! :bowdown: :bowdown:

I'm not going to speculate how good or bad this car is with the stick axle. I'll wait for my drive in it before I make a final decision.

Based on past history of improving the Cobra with every new model, you have to have some faith in what they are doing with this car!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

thank you for the intelligent comments...we need more of them around here!

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
As much as I would like to see an IRS on this car, you have to admit, this is a pretty damn impressive debut outing!!! :bowdown: :bowdown:

I'm not going to speculate how good or bad this car is with the stick axle. I'll wait for my drive in it before I make a final decision.

Based on past history of improving the Cobra with every new model, you have to have some faith in what they are doing with this car!

Thank you! :)

AbusiveWombat

Established Member
01L2Cobra said:
If power is everything and weight and weight distribution is nothing then someone please explain to me why the Sun International Lotus Elise outperforms a 2000 Cobra R even at the dragstrip?

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0205scc_coblot/

Note: this will be my last post on this thread since I am tired of arguing with you all. So back to posting in the new edge section for me.

Superior design: mid engine > front engine

Superior power to weight ratio:
Cobra R: 3590 # / 385 hp = 9.32 #/hp (less is better)
Elise: 1629 # / 192 hp = 8.48 #/hp

roushraven

zzzZZzz
Established Member
ac427cobra said:

Very true.

stang99

01L2Cobra said:
If power is everything and weight and weight distribution is nothing then someone please explain to me why the Sun International Lotus Elise outperforms a 2000 Cobra R even at the dragstrip?

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0205scc_coblot/

Note: this will be my last post on this thread since I am tired of arguing with you all. So back to posting in the new edge section for me.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Fourcam330

Established Member
eichisama said:
Thanks again!! Do you know what the NVH acronym stands for?

Should I assume that all Fe 4.6 blocks are common, or are there differences there too?

NVH= Noise Vibration Harshness. Which were improved with the addition of the extra 24lbs of mass. You are correct all Fe 4.6L blocks are common.

Fourcam330

Established Member
CobraRed01 said:
The scope of the discussion is broader than you wish to admit. Some think it's just about raw HP/TQ and reaffirming the Musclecar tradition...for them they got there new Ride (good for you, really)... others believe it's about a balance between acceleration and handling and the evolution of the Cobra into a 21st Century world-class car. I do concede that in the current HP Wars the new Shelby is the Right Solution...It will sell well. But for many of us it's too much of an "old thing". If the only thing the results of this poll does is show HTT/SVT that they have underestimated the importance of IRS (and the improved balance that comes with it) to a significant proportion of Cobra enthusiasts it is not useless.

You can only have one variable in a quality poll, and what we're talking about (who wants/prizes straight line speed over handling) is not what said poll is taking opinions on. If the Poll was titled: IRS with N/A 4.6 or blown 5.4 with SRA you could reference it with confidence. Per the scope of our discussion the present poll is in fact useless.
I agree with the fact that there is a decent IRS contingent (again, I voted I don't care either way), but we can't tell who wants what more as is.

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
01L2Cobra said:

:beer:

Captain Beyond

Established Member
01L2Cobra said:

It's better to leave than to get banned. :-D

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
how can you compare a cobra R to an elise when they are totally different cars??? take into consideration the engine, the weight, the style of transmission, and one of the most important issues is the gear ratios. plus the price, the materials used on the cars(aluminum and carbon fiber for the elise), and the size of the car(cobra = midsize, elise = extreme compact). flawed comparison. atleast have some things make sence.

Users who are viewing this thread