347 Stroker Notch cant pull from Mild Bolt on LS1

BPLS1

Established Member
I know this sound unbelievable but this actually happened. It happened a while back i thought he had stock motor with H/C and full Bolt on along with gears, and DR. I found out this past weekend that he actually had a 347 stroker engine in there :shrug: . when we raced it was tied all 3 times that we raced. He said that his clutch was slipping and thats why he didn't smoke me :rollseyes. When i heard this i was deeply disappointed that he didn't even pull away from my mild bolt on LS1. i should have gotton murdered right? we will race again when i get my LT headers and tune. i will try to get it on tape :-D. Flame Suit on :burn:

BPLS1

Established Member
CharlieCobra03 said:
There's only ONE way to settle this! Run him and see.

I should have gotton Destroyed though Right? Maybe he has not gotten a tune or something. who knows. He is always talking about going after 03-04 cobras. If he can't destroy my Mild Bolt on LS1 with his 347 stroker then he has go another thing coming if he thinks he will walk a moded 03-04 Snake

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
Yes, you should have gotten destroyed. A built 347 stroker in a light ass notch should be a 11 sec car at least. If you went from a stop, I could see you winning if he couldnt hook-up, as It would be very hard to hook on anything but drag radials in the notch. Anythign can happen though, his car could be messed up, or he could be a bad driver...No doubt your car is quick ,but a built stroker notch will kill alot of cars on this board.

pwnt04

Frickin' Ladies Man
Established Member
It depends on how aggressively the 347 is built. I know a guy with a 347 stroker setup in an '85 GT with a mild cam making about 350RWHP. I've heard of 347 strokers going all the way up to almost 500RWHP on motor alone. He could have a "mild" 347 which would explain why you ran door to door with him. It's possible that you're both very close in power. (300-350RWHP)

Last edited:

BlackDrop50

No traction til 3rd....
Established Member
lol musta been a mild 347 or his clutch was really messed up because all the 347s around here that are not mild are around 400-450rwhp N/A mild ones are anywhere from 330rwhp-370rwhp

PLATIADO

Established Member
Yea ther is no way u should keep up with this guy, Reason for saying this i had o 306 with bolt ons and cast iron windsor jr heads and i would take any ls1 with bolt ons. So watch out there could be something wrong with his car

Jman20427

Die Rise
Established Member
Its denfently possible to keep up. You have a cammed ls1 with all the bolt-ons, you probably put down around 345 right? I have a mild 342 stroker(see sig) thats tuned very conservative and it pus down 348 RWHP. However thats with a 10:1 af ratio and 10 degrees base timing. Between him not being a good driver and his combo possibly consisting of something like of a Alphabet cam, cobra intake not touched, and like GT40p's or something, you could stay with him.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Wings65288 said:
what is a 347 stroker?

It's a bored and stroked motor based off the 302 block. Just increases displacement. There is no replacement for displacement ;-)

He should've won but shit happens. My buddy, well co-worker had a King Cobra clutch when he put in his pretty aggressive blown 347 and fried that piece of shit real quick. He took me for a ride in it and you could smell the clutch burning up. So he got a spec stage 3 instead.

JDsfastGN

Established Member
like stated not all 347s are created equal, depends on how aggressive, Jman i don't think his cam or longtubes are installed yet. I had a friend that worked with me that always talked about how his 347 88 GT smoked such and such and how it would probably eat my GN, well one day i drove my sisters old 94 Z28 up to work and on the way home we lined them up and he pulled barely a fender on me to 90. The LT1 was bone stock and wasn't better than a 14.0 car lol. This Stang needed a tune really bad, it was so rich it made my eyes water. (bigger injectors+ stock MAF and crappy tune= sucky)

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
BadBirdLT1 said:
a cam/bolt on ls1 should make upwards of 380rwhp

That is true. My friends cam, bolt on, stalled LS-1 buttraped the hell out of my H/C/I 302. But the notch, with a well built 347 would be a 3,000lbs 350-400rwhp bullet.

BPLS1

Established Member
I am not cammed yet nor do i have my LT Headers, or LS6 intake Manifold so i my Z28 is not a cammed Full Bolt On LS1. I agree that i should have gotten destroyed. He is a bit ****y though he will not be so ****y when i get my 500hp H/C Package and LT headers, LS6 intake Manifold and Tune.

03-S281

Established Member
My friend has a mild 347 stroker tuned very conservative and makes 340rwhp and 360rwtq and has potential to make way more! Its in a 89 Saleen thats in the classifieds on this board and you can see his mods.

Grey03

Established Member
Something was wrong with that car. I have a friend with an 92 GT w/ full interior that has a 347 N/A and has run 10.8 @ 124. He puts a hurting on my cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread