345/40/17 on 01 gt

superstang01

Established Member
Anyone know if these will fit? I will probably end up staying with the 315s, but I am just curious what mods(if any) are needed to get these tires on the rear

thanks,
jeff

blacksheep-1

Established Member
I ran 315 x35x17 on a 17x10.5 wheel in the rear w/o issues but I did have to roll the fenders. the car was lowered as well.

Andrew03Mach

Established Member
I would think you would need to consider spacers and rolling the fenders depending on how low the car is. Is this for looks or for functionality?

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
You're talking a tire thats by spec 27.8" tall. Something that when inflated is going to be every bit of 28" tall. It's going to take a rim that's at least 11.5" (likely more) to put it on. The car will definitely not be able to be lowered, and the offset of the wheels would have to be perfect to get that thing to fit.

The amount of time, work, and money to make it fit won't be worth it. I personally run a 315/35/18 which is a 27" tall tire and the fenders already need to be rolled on a lowered car. I can't even imagine having more sidewall and more width on the tire. Yeah, it would look great but not ever worth the headache.

superstang01

Established Member
Thanks for the replies. I am running 315s now on my GT with 425hp and that is probably what I will keep running. I just saw a guy on Instagram running 345/40/17 on a yellow cobra with 17x10.5 cobra rims which is why I was asking. Perhaps someday when I go with a forged bottom end and up the boost these will be something that I will consider

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
That tire would be more useless than tits on a Nun. You need a fat wheel to fit that tire on. That cobra that had those tires on it, could not and does not use all of that rubber. It is purely for looks and does nothing for performance.

Users who are viewing this thread