345/35/18 et street radials on an IRS car?

boost21

boooooost
Established Member
Hey all I know huge tire I know but from my experience ET Streets run more narrow than others. I have some True Forged Mach 5 wheels that the tires will physically mount on the wheels but how about the car. I have had 335 hoosiers and currently have 315 BFG's on the car. Fenders are rolled, low pro bolts and some massaging to the wheel wells have already been done. Only reason I ask is I can get my hands on a pair that are brand new for a fraction of the cost.

c01e715b8f3f37f31075adbdd52acc8e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
man a 345 would be insane, I know a local guy in AZ runs 335 Nitto 555Rs out back, My 315 Hoosiers look crazy big out back, but I would love to fit a 335.

Gary101386

Established Member
I just put a 315/35/18 on my 10.5 wheels and wish I had done 335's

I have similar setup as you, rolled fenders, low pro irs bolts, and I am also running a 3/8's spacer and I have enough room.

Next tires will be a 335...

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member

I have similar setup as you, rolled fenders, low pro irs bolts, and I am also running a 3/8's spacer and I have enough room.

I have the same setup, maybe I'll try 335s next time.

boost21

boooooost
Established Member

Wanna sell them? lol I'm local

Gary101386

Established Member
Wanna sell them? lol I'm local

No. I just paid the discount tire credit card off today. They're installed, balanced, mounted and on the car... I don't want to spend more money lol. These were enough!

Philitup

04 Cobra, 68 Fastback, 17 Focus RS
Established Member
I have 325/45/17 on my IRS. Just makes it but the wheel well scratches the outside of my tire when i hit a good bump.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
My wheels are 12" so bulge isn't a concern. I know they will fit the wheel no problem, the wheel well is another story lol

are you sure theyre 12"? because we never do 12s for those cars unless its mini tubbed. they would poke out past the fender if they were 12 and that doesnt appear to be the case looking at your pics. did you measure them yourself? keep in mind, when measuring a wheel, you measure from inside the tire bead to inside the bead. so an 11" wheel will actually measure 12" wide (from outer edge to outer edge). its a common mistake ive seen people make many times. i even had one guy call me pretty upset because he though we made his wheels the wrong size lol.

just checking with you before you buy tires that might not work for what you have.

SJ SNAKE

Venomous
Established Member
You'll definitely encounter fitment issues even with Rolled Fenders and Low Profile IRS Bolts. Plus too much tire in my honest opinion. It gives the Cobra a 4x4 demeanor. Widest I would go is a 335/30/18.

boost21

boooooost
Established Member
are you sure theyre 12"? because we never do 12s for those cars unless its mini tubbed. they would poke out past the fender if they were 12 and that doesnt appear to be the case looking at your pics. did you measure them yourself? keep in mind, when measuring a wheel, you measure from inside the tire bead to inside the bead. so an 11" wheel will actually measure 12" wide (from outer edge to outer edge). its a common mistake ive seen people make many times. i even had one guy call me pretty upset because he though we made his wheels the wrong size lol.

just checking with you before you buy tires that might not work for what you have.

You know what steve you might be right there. I bet I measured from lip to lip. Since I haven't really seen any real world examples of 345's I don't think I want to gamble with that and potentially have expensive paperweights I'll need to sell. I'll probably be ordering new 315's or 335's again since I know they work on my car. Thanks everyone for the input!

Users who are viewing this thread