$34,440 For 2004 Cobra, Good Deal?

WS.6 Man

Established Member
Hello Everyone,

I am thinking of test driving a new 2004 Mustang Cobra.:) I got a dealership quote for $34,440.00 from the Internet/Fleet Manager. The car's MSRP is $36,065 and has the chrome wheel package. Is this a good deal? BTW for you Northern California folks, this dealer is Fremont Ford. My parents just bought a brand new Lexus GS430 for $47,800.00 from their sister Lexus Dealer. And I think that was a good deal.

Do you think they can do better?:-D

Any feedback will be appreicated.

Ron

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
look for a leftover 03. i got mine a little over a month ago and got it out the door for $29 and i know that some have gotten better deals than that. they even payed off my 00 gt for $10,8.....suckers.......lol......

brasil

Mordida Venenosa
Established Member
Too much. My MSRP was the same and I got mine for around $32.400 + fees. Call Joel Glatte at Drew Ford in San Diego and tell him that James Rothberg sent you. Their price was awsome, but I had a terrible sales experience with another crew of people, because when I went to pick up my car Joel was not there. Make sure you only deal with him!!! You could probably get it cheaper now because Ford might have some manufaturer to dealer incentives. The dealerships in around the bayu area are a rip off!! Hayward Ford is reasonable, but they will not match that low of a price, but who nows. They have around ten 04 CObras in stock. If you call them, talk to Milo or Dave!! Good luck

fordracerguy

Mustang Geek
Established Member
I got mine for 33900. That is, a brand new 04 Coupe... I could probably have gotten it down more if I shopped around.. But i was too anxious.

Emmerson_Biggins

Huge, that is
Established Member
LOL, me too. I grabbed the first '04 in black and chrome on the lot, price wasn't too important at that point.

Orange Poison

Established Member
Damn....I wish I could have had those deals when I purchased mine. But then again, you can't get Sonic blue anymore.

goodquest

Established Member
Thats where I purchased my vehicle, Pm me with your name and telephone and I will have the person I purchased my vehicle from call you. He gave me a good deal.

tv's 03

Established Member
Yes, you can get one for invoice of @ 32-33K if you do your research.

WS.6 Man

Established Member
Thanks for everyones help and replies. Will try for a better deal. Might be wise for me to test drive one first. Will keep posted.

WS.6 Man

Established Member
I just got a e-mail back from the dealership. I told them many people have received better deals. The Internet/Fleet Manager came down to $33,940.00. He said he reduced the price, since my family just bought the Lexus GS430 from their sister dealership. And he told me this car has the $695.00 Chrome Wheel Option. What do all of you think about this deal?

Anyways I will go and test drive the Terminator after 2 years of waiting. I just hope I don't want what, otherwise I will have to trade-in my paid off Trans Am and go car payments again.

Again everyone thanks for your help.

RossSVT

Established Member
Paid $32400 last month for an 04 Black with chromies. He came down a lot in a short time. There are a lot of 04's on the lots right now. Squeeze him a little more. By the end of the month he'll take $32400 or less to meet his quota. Hang in there till the last week of the month then get more serious as the end of the month draws near.

Negotiated mine the last week of March. Took delivery April 1.

Snake_Eyes

SVT Warrior
Established Member
If you really want the car the price should not really matter. I paid 39K for my 03 in Hawaii the MSRP was 45K with the dealer markup.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Originally posted by Snake_Eyes
If you really want the car the price should not really matter. I paid 39K for my 03 in Hawaii the MSRP was 45K with the dealer markup.
Yep...... I want as good a deal as the next guy, but if this is the car you want, go get it! Oh, and you shouldn't even have to test drive it.......you know what you're getting!!! Good luck.

Emil

Established Member
He can do better than $33940. If you're serious about it tell him if goes down to $33000, you'll be at his doorstep.

Snake'n Kitty

SVT Guy
Established Member
Check out North Bay Ford in Santa Cruz. They offer pretty good deals! Better than on the other side of the hill for sure! I don't know what they're offering right now, but I've seen $3-5K off MSRP on `03 10th's and `04's a few months ago! Definitely check them out, I know they can do better than Fremont, used to live there when I first bought my `03 (from North Bay).

Snake'n Kitty

SVT Guy
Established Member
Mr. WS.^ man, if I get a reply from you tonite, I'll cruise by North Bay tomorrow and post you what they got right now. Let me know. I only live a few miles away in Boulder Creek. Besides, I need a new reason to take a cruise on Hwy 9!

Users who are viewing this thread