335/30/18 Pilot Sports

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11892

I found this the other day. Wondering if they would fit without spacers and without lowering the car... anyone know?

I'm posting this same question over there to see if I can find out. I'd actually prefer to get these in a 17 inch tire (335/35/17) anyone know if there is any rubbing (again, without the spacers or lowered springs if possible).

Its getting near that time again when I need to get new tires and maybe spring for the larger wheels so I'm considering this.

Thanks,

Ben

PS. nice cars Sambandit and RGrossman :rockon:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
what kind of rims will you be putting the tires on? I wouldn't try to put them on the stock rim. If your running the AFS 10.5'' rim they will fit, but they will stick out over the rim. Some people can't get them to fit without running a spacer and shaving the IRS bolt.

The problem is when the car is up in the air, not when its on the ground. When the car is on the ground you have a lot more room. But when the tire drops down you can hit the tire on a few things. So technically you could squeeze them on, but you might have to be careful while driving over bumps or if your car is going up on a lift. Sammbandit got them to fit, but he said he will probably use a spacer to be safe.

I don't know for sure, but if your going to run 17'' tires you might have a little more trouble getting them to fit since the tire will be closer to the IRS bolt then with an 18'' rim/tire.

But if your going with a custom rim, then you don't have to run spacers or shave the IRS bolt.

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
yeah, I really really like your rims but they are way out of my price range now. Plus with the AFS I will only need to buy 2 instead of all 4 rims. Now I'm thinking of the AFS 10.5 x 18" instead of the 17"

Rgrossman had pics of the 335/30/18 on AFS 10.5 with a 1/4" spacer which may be what I go with.

If you ever decide to get rid of your CCWs let me know ;)

Thanks,

ben

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Will do buddy.

Yeah the general consesus is get the 18x10.5'' AFS wheels with spacers for the 335's. Some people still have a problem and need to modify the IRS bolt. Good luck :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread