3300-3400 Pound Vert....Possible? Help.

Boosted_Cobra.

Matta fact...
Established Member
Well im thinking of putting the boat on a diet, I was thinking of doing the following things.

I want to keep A/C,Radio,IRS

Remove/Replace:

Spare tire
Jack/crow bar
Trunk pad
Sway Bars (Replace with lighter ones)
Mott bar (under diff)
Rear seat bottom
Rear seat back
High flow midpipe
Odyssey battery/bracket
Replace Both Seats with 2 Aluminum Kirkey Seats (I currently have a Recaro SPF, gonna see which is lighter + custom welded Aluminum Brackets)
Rear seatbelts
Supercharger pulley guard
Mach460 head unit
Mach460 rear enclosure w/amps

Major things -
Aluminum bumper supports
Fiberglass hood or CF hood
CF Trunk
UPR K member kit
Weld Racing Pro Stars on bfg or m/t's

Think I could net 3300-3400 Pounds with this list? Any Suggestions welcome. Thanks!!

Last edited:

Juruense

Banned
Delete the convertible top and motor, do not forget the a/c and passenger seat. The glass is quite heavy, get goggles for the wind you do not need a heavy azz windscreen.

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
C/O's on all four corners as well, also the Aluminum bumber support is a good idea but safety just went out the door. Unless this is a purpose built track car I wouldn't recommend it.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I've been thinking about taking a look at how much the pumps and such weigh for the top. Even if it was manual all you'd have to do is have somone on the other side of the car to help raise it evenly. Then maybe the rear speakers and such. Other than that just follow the other weight savings for coupes.

I would think it could be done but it will take some time and money. Mine might be starting its diet this winter.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread