315's on a 96 cobra help!!!

WhtSuperStang

Established Member
Will a 315 BFG DR fit on a 17x9 safely and will it fit on the car without having the need to flip the quad shock?

Thanks for any and all help!

96 chris

Established Member
Umm...will not fit on 17x9. And theres a chance quad shock will have to be flipped or removed when running any kind of 315 ecept nittos.

96 chris

Established Member
any reason y it wont fit?

You will be able to get the tire on the rim but you will have less contact patch than a 275 because of way too much bulging. Are you just doing this for looks? Also there is more of a danger of the tire coming off the bead of the rim under stressful driving conditions because of the improper size. I highly recommend against it. :beer:

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
You will be able to get the tire on the rim but you will have less contact patch than a 275 because of way too much bulging. Are you just doing this for looks? Also there is more of a danger of the tire coming off the bead of the rim under stressful driving conditions because of the improper size. I highly recommend against it. :beer:
Spot on comments here. I had GY Eagle F1s in 285s on my 10.5" rims and they darn near were a perfect fit. I now have 315 Nittos and they are a perfect fit. A GY or BFG 315 on my 10.5" rims would look awesome, but as stated before, I'd have to remove my quad shocks. My passenger side 285 Eagle rubbed the quad on that side, but my Nittos do not...

WhtSuperStang

Established Member

no the only reason im asking is i have a chance to pic up a barely used set for dirt cheap from my cousin..

jesusphreak

Newby For Life
Established Member
wait so 315s other than nitto DRs dont fit?
i'm supposed to pick up my nitto 315 555s this weekend (12.6" wide)
going on 17x10.5 FR500s
I'm going to have problems?

97riocobra2

Established Member
ha^ no man, they said 315s will not fit on a 9" rim because it will bulge pretty badly. 315s will work on 10.5 wide rims.

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
Umm...will not fit on 17x9. And theres a chance quad shock will have to be flipped or removed when running any kind of 315 ecept nittos.
that would be why my nitto`s fit then huh ?????

+1

I have 315's on my 10.5 inch with no problem but had to flip the quads.
x2 not a problem here but i didnt have to flip quad shocks

Mustanger

Established Member
Besides don't worry about the quad shocks...it literally only takes maybe 5 minutes after you get the tires off! So simple even I could do it.

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Take the bolts out that hold the shock and turn the shock upside down. Reinstall bolts. And no don't run a 315 on a 9" wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread