315 R888s on 17x10.5 Rub?

BusPilot

Just ordered some 17x10.5" FR500s.
I would like to run some 315/35/R17 Toyo R888s, however I've heard they run wide.
Couldn't find a firm answer as most guys run 18s. I am lowered on H&R race springs and have MM low profile IRS bolts. Will I still need to roll my fenders or will I be ok?
Current have 315/35/r18 BFGs and so far have not had a problem. Thanks

Liquidsnake

Lok'tar Ogar
Established Member
My car is lowered on eibach pro-kit springs with isos and I run 315/35/17 Eagle F1 GS-D3s using 1/8 wheel spacers with zero rubbing. I have about 3/8 inch of clearance between the tire and IRS bracket on the driver's side and a little more than that on the passenger side.

I will add that the low profile IRS bolts are mainly for jacking the car up, at least that's what I've seen after using them on four Cobras, with 17s, 18s, and 19s. The bolt heads are a couple inches away from the max tire sidewall bulge with 17s and even further with larger wheels. And as you hit bumps the tire moves away from the bolt. That being said, the closest spot that the tires will rub is on the upper IRS adapter brackets themselves, just aft of the bolt, as that protrudes further into the wheel space than the bolts do.

BusPilot

Thanks for the info. Ive got my wheels and really wanted the R888s guess I will stick with the nittos as I know those will clear without a problem. :(

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Had them on afs 18's they rubbed and sliced into the tire. Not good, I recommend rolling the fenders then they were fine.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Glad to hear of the success. Was just going to chime in and add that I run 315/30/18 R888's on 18x10.5 wheels. Am lowered a good bit on stock springs and no rubbing on inside, slight rub every now and then on the outside (fender). The tires do run wide like BFG, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Users who are viewing this thread