315 Question

LaserRedSnake

LTHLBITE
Established Member
I am getting ready to put on some 10.5" FR500's in the back and I have the new 315 MT DR's that are going on.

The question that I have is would I be able to keep the quad-shocks if I got a 1/4" spacer to go on the rears?? Just wondering if anyone has done this or tried it

Thanks,
Bryan

Chrome98Cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Make sure to post up some pics of those new 315's, im dying to see how they look on the back of a Cobra.:rockon:

250psd

Established Member
I just put the exact set up on my car. Like everyone else said "just flip the quad shocks" no spacers needed.

Blown4v

Just Another Sell Out
Established Member
i didnt even need to flip the quads

10.5 wheels 315/35 nitto, fits perfect

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
315 Nittos are a lot more narrow than 315 MT's, Nitto's run very narrow compared to all other tire makers

LaserRedSnake

LTHLBITE
Established Member
Yea my buddy has a 95 Gt and he had to remove his quadshocks because he is running 10.5" wheels w/ the 315 Hoosier DR's but he also has upper and lower control arms.

And until I get the money for rear suspension I was hoping I could just run a 1/4" spacer to prevent having to remove the quadshock and risk wheel hop issues.

Blown4v

Just Another Sell Out
Established Member
Ciotti said:
315 Nittos are a lot more narrow than 315 MT's, Nitto's run very narrow compared to all other tire makers

You're right, I didnt catch that he said MTs.

I just took off my 275/40 MTs and they were almost every bit as wide as the 315/35 nittos I replaced them , the nittos do run small for their size

LaserRedSnake

LTHLBITE
Established Member
Yea I debated puttin on a 275 MT because I like the tread pattern so much but since they have their new 315 out and not many people have them I thought i'd try em' out!

Blown4v

Just Another Sell Out
Established Member
I will say my 275 MTs hooked like mad, but they rode horribly rough. I just went back to Nittos for the ride quality. Dead hook is not a top priority in my car nowadays, anyway if you get the Nittos hot and flat enough, they hook OK.

Mickeys for the sticky for sure

Users who are viewing this thread