315 Guys, Did you get an alignment?

sir-blah

Established Member
I went to the track friday night and was a little disappointed with my times. I only ran a 12.8@114 with 515hp :mj: . Something felt weird all the way down the track, it was like driving on ice. When I got home we watched the video, you can see and hear the rear tires spinning all the way down the track. I went past the camera in 3'rd gear and it was very obvious that I was still roasting em pretty bad.

Now to the point. I am on a 315-30-18 BFG drag radial. I looked at the car from the back and you can see that there is only any real wear (Most of the tread gone) from the inside of the tire, and they have a slight tilt inward. So when I get on the gas at the track and the car squats, that makes it even worse.

Has anybody had this kind of thing happen? I guess an alignment might fix it.

badvenom101

Established Member
believe it or not you should get you alignment check when i bought my cobra my alignment was off. i run a firestone store so i could check it anytine i needed. i think it has to do with transportint the car

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
yes you should get your alignment checked. although that 500+hp is gonna cause that tire spinning condition, combined with a heavy right foot :)

also you may want to play around with the tire pressure to find
an idea pressure with the best grip. usually a bit lower then what it says on the tire.

sir-blah

Established Member
I was running 20psi on the first 4 runs, dropped to 18, then 16 an the next few. Even at low pressure you can tell that if the tire was spinning only a small part would be contacting the street.

Users who are viewing this thread